The kitties' first real tree

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We decided to get a real tree this year - the first one any of the kitties have ever seen and BOY was it exciting!

Trent wasn't too sure of it when we first brought it inside, but needed to investigate...

Trent and Mojo checking it out. Mojo really wanted to know if she could eat the tree.
She wasn't convinced that it wasn't food.

Ginger giving it a good sniff.

Trent came back for Round 2 of sniffing.

Ginger really wanted to see if there was a way for her to climb the tree, but found that it's too dense to climb. (Score 1 point for getting a real tree in the future!)

Mojo was checking out the tree from a different angle when I finally got THE Mojo expression! I was so excited to get this shot!

When Ophelia came down later on, she wasn't too sure about the tree on the other side of the room.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Mojo Expression is priceless! It's like "Deer in the headlights" meets "Naughty"!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trent looks so much like my Bootie!! The only difference really is colouration, Bootie being smoked. But the face..... SO good! Looks like you're going to have your hands full keeping them OUT of the tree!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh!! The "Mojo expression" is also the Electra expression!!!

Don't be too confident about it being too dense to climb, I have a feeling Ginger will find a way!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww the kitties first Christmas tree.

Mojos expression is so cute

The tree may be too dense to climb in but dense is perfect for climbing up the outside of the tree
Have your camera ready and keep us updated with the kitties first Christmas tree.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What great photos - and I agree, once they figure things out - look out! I think we will be seeing little kitty heads poking out from in between the branches!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Mojo was checking out the tree from a different angle when I finally got THE Mojo expression! I was so excited to get this shot!
Awwwww Mojo, you are so gorgeous! Look at those big eyes and that glossy coat
Glad they love the tree!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We put up the tree on Saturday and so far there hasn't been any kamikazi dive bombs into the tree.
Ginger hasn't scaled it yet. Trent and Ophelia never did bother much with the tree except to lay under it and maybe swat at some low hanging ornaments. It's the little girls I worry about!

But just to be safe...we've only put the lights in it so far. OK, so we put almost 700 lights on it (I like lots and lots of lights!), but nothing else so far. They were left alone with the tree all day today, and it's still standing. So far...so good!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cute pics of your crew, Heidi!
Glad the tree is still standing. Mojo's expression is truly priceless.
Given how persistant Ginger Cookie can be, I wouldn't be surprised if she finds a way to scale that tree!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is your tree still standing?

Wonderful holiday pictures of your sweeties.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love those photos of your cats getting used to the tree

Mojos expression is priceless! Your cats are all so adorable!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First we were in the RV - now we're just too scared (and too lazy) to get a tree.

But these pictures are absolutely wonderful! I'm so sorry our kitties won't get the pleasure.

And Mojo? I'm still convinced she and Ming Loy are somehow fraternal twins! WHAT an expression!

Laurie