I Hate Shopping!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to WalMart today to pick up some things. I haven't been to Walmart in about 3 years and never to the one I went to today.

On my list was a wall calendar. I roamed around and around their stationery and greeting cards area, going up and down the aisles several times. I saw some guy with a WalMart vest on but try as I might to catch his attention I couldn't because he was flitting around here and there a the speed of light!

Finally I managed to yell loud enough to get him to stop and asked him where the calendars were. His reply?

"I don't know. I've had lots of people ask me that but I don't know where they are." and he turned to leave.

I quickly reached out and grabbed his sleeve to stop him and said "I've been up and down the stationery aisle numerous times and I can't see any. Can you please go and find out where the calendars are?"

So he leaves to go and find out. He comes back and tells me that the has asked a number of staff if they know and everyone said that they do carry calendars but no one knows where they are! He said he could go and ask the store manager. So he went and paged the store manager to ask him. He comes back to tell me that the store manager told him that they do carry calendars but no one knows where they are.

I then went to customer service and asked the girl where the calendars are. She tells me that there is a huge stack of them ... and she points to the aisle by the chocolates and greeting cards. I told her the only calendars there are Christmas Advent calendars. I just want a regular wall calendar for 2008. She said there was a big stack of them. I told her there was $10.00 in it for her if she could go to where she was pointing and find me a calendar. Of course she couldn't find one because they aren't there!

I finally found a calendar for $1.00 at the checkout stand. It's a Walmart petshop calendar. Turns out it's too big for the space I need it for, so I have to go to Staples this week and buy something there.

I had a list of 11 things to look for and maybe buy. I couldn't find 1/2 of them.

I looked for those Catnip Bubbles that everyone is raving about. It seems that we don't have those in Canada
I bought 2 catnip scratch pads, but my cats couldn't care less about them. Abby is terrified to even go near it!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Wal Mart here opened 3 months ago?

I can find things, but the employees can't.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WalMart is such a fun place (not), normally i get people following me around(i guess i look the type to steal stuff) so i dont have your problem.

But really, i only go to walmart when i have to get something, and i cant wait for the other stores to open.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Love to shop but not if I have to go out to do it, I do almost all of mine online, just look for the free shipping and some there's no tax so its so much easier. Walmart is like a lost cause here and there are 4 close to me they are always way to crowded I do not go on weekends anywhere really. Although UPS and USPS hate me this time of year

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont like going to walmart, any city, state or country, personally :p

The aisles are too crowded with junk and the workers are the brightest stars in the sky. Usually B winds up yelling at least once at one of the workers before we finish checking out (which is #2 why I don't like going...the less B yells at people the better)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

The aisles are too crowded with junk and the workers are the brightest stars in the sky.
Yeah, the aisles are pretty junky. I wanted to buy a "tri light bulb" for my touch lamp. I managed to find the light bulbs but didn't see any "tri light" ones and I couldn't for the life of me find anyone in that department.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not defending Wal-Mart - believe me - I hate it probably even more than y'all do!
But I used to work there (God will bless me in due time, I know
) and the reason none of the employees don't know where anything is, is b/c no one ever tells them!
And it doesn't help matters any either when you finally DO learn where something is, and then they go and move it somewhere else!

It took me quite a while to learn where everything was in the store I used to work at, and just when I think I know where everything is, they go and move it yet again! I can't find anything half the time when I have to go shopping there now..

Granted, there are definately some dimbulbs who work there, but it's not always the employees' fault if they don't know where something is.
It's what they call a "marketing strategy" - they move things around on purpose..

~KK~

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I'm not defending Wal-Mart - believe me - I hate it probably even more than y'all do!
But I used to work there (God will bless me in due time, I know
) and the reason none of the employees don't know where anything is, is b/c no one ever tells them!
And it doesn't help matters any either when you finally DO learn where something is, and then they go and move it somewhere else!

It took me quite a while to learn where everything was in the store I used to work at, and just when I think I know where everything is, they go and move it yet again! I can't find anything half the time when I have to go shopping there now..

Granted, there are definately some dimbulbs who work there, but it's not always the employees' fault if they don't know where something is.
It's what they call a "marketing strategy" - they move things around on purpose..

~KK~
I know what you mean there. I work at Zellers (which is like Wal Mart for anyone who doesn't know) and they keep moving things around or they put them in weird spots. I am a cash supervisor so people are constantly asking me where things are. It is not a huge store so I pretty much know where everything is now but it took me about 6 months to figure it out.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am happy to hear it isn't just the Walmarts around here. I just can't stand the store. We went yesterday looking for the sparkly balls. We didn't find them and barely made it out alive.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's unreal!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I... looked for those Catnip Bubbles that everyone is raving about. It seems that we don't have those in Canada...
I bought some of those bubbles from a place called Specht's Aquarium last year (here in BC). They are called Kookamunga Catnip Bubbles.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate Wal-mart, but at least that employee tried to find the answer for you, which is more than I can say for most people in our Wal-mart. I know a few people who have worked at wal-mart and it is common to move things. I guess its so people will go and search for them and see other things they "want" to buy. Makes no sense to me.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate going to Wal-mart anyway but I especially hate it during Christmas. The other shoppers are downright rude and their kids are total brats! They don't have any consideration for others.

Oh I know that some parents keep their kids in check, but they are the minority.

If you have a 99 cent store there, you might try it for your calendar. I got one with kitties take naps that normally cost $9.95 for 99 cents!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've bought my cat's the catnip bubbles at both Petsmart & Petco.
If you don't have a store near you, you could try looking online
One bottle lasts for ages!

I HATE walmart too!
We have several in our area, and every last one of them is filled with rude workers for the most part. The people that work there for the majority are rude, and do not want to help you when you have a question for them, no matter how polite you may be. I also really dislike crowds- they make me nervous and uncomfortable- i hate it when people bump into me or try and run me over with their shopping carts.

They also just remodeled the store that's closest to my house- so in addition to the crowds, the insane lines at checkout, and the rude people....we also can never find anything eithor
I also dislike how the majority of things walmart carries are made in China for personal reasons.

I prefer Target and other stores to walmart. I only go to walmart once or twice a month at the most- and it's always with Colin. Walmart is about the only place that carries some of the things he uses, so we go there for them. Other than that i try to avoid it like the plague. Walmart has good prices- but for me, i'd rather spend an extra dollar here or there to go to a less crowded store with better customer service. That's just my two cents

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. I must be the only one that loves WalMart

I've never had problems finding anything or problem with customer service either

I'm sorry you had such a problem today!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I'm sorry you had such a problem today!
It wasn't a problem. I just really hate shopping, LOL I'd rather go in find what I want, pay for it and then leave ASAP! I hate roaming around a store trying to find stuff, especially if it's crowded with messy/junky aisles. The aisles are bearly wide enough to get 2 carts down.

That guy who went to ask about the calendars wasn't planning on going to ask. The only reason he did was because I stopped him before he ran off and asked him to please go and ask where they were. He was quite happy not knowing. LOL When I did find their Walmart pet shop calendar at the checkout, I made it a point to go back and tell that guy if anyone else asks that they can get a $1.00 wall calendar at the checkouts.

It wasn't so bad. I just wish I had been able to find what I was looking for. The store was large enough. I'm surprised that I couldn't find 6 of the 11 items I was looking for.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I've bought my cat's the catnip bubbles at both Petsmart & Petco.
If you don't have a store near you, you could try looking online
One bottle lasts for ages!
I no longer have credit cards so I'll have to check the phone book. I don't know what pet stores we have here. I usually go to one called "Pet Value" which is across from the Vet's office: it's where I buy their catnip. They have the only brand that my cats like

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Walmart, I am convinced, is where all the evil, most slimy, horrible people congregate to make your life more and more miserable. . .

I hate that place. . .

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not your typical woman. I hate shopping period!

I detest the mall and walmart. Only go when I need something specific.

If I do go to a walmart...it is definitly not the super walmart. Them people will kill you!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The closest WalMart to me is where I do most of the shopping. I go at 7am (unless to the pharmacy which opens at 9am). The people there have been great but also subscribes to the "move stuff around so folks can't find them" policy. THat evens drives the employees crazy.

At ours the theme calendars have been up by the registers.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not stepped foot in a Walmart and do not have any plans to do so EVER!!!!!!
They treat their employees terribly, carry lots of junk made in China and make local storeowners go out of business.
I would rather spend my money at local stores than give them a dime.