What is missing from this picture?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yeah, TEETH!

Cow keeps his mouth slightly open like this a lot

His "glamour shot"

He has the weirdest color eyes....they aren't green, yet they are. They're really golden, too!

You can see where it is darker red-that is dried blood from his tooth removal there.

You can also see where the dried spit/blood has ran back down his face, he's got that on both sides. The vet tech told me to wait 4 or 5 days before washing his face.

Right now, he's "mopping" the bathroom with drool! You can see where he's flicked it all over the walls because there's still a bit of blood. He's eating very well....and pooped!
He can only manage one or two kinds of canned food so far, though. His mouth must not bother him too much so long as he's been on the pain meds, he was rubbing it all over my hand to get petted. I could tell it really hurt this AM before I gave him the pain meds, though. He's got a week's worth of pain meds, so hopefully he's feeling better by then!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cow's teeth were pretty rotten. I took him in for a dental "cleaning" knowing full well there was no clean to his teeth.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I feel sorry for him he looks so sweet
Will he be Ok without them He won't be able to eat dry food will he? He's so Sweet looking, How old is he? I hope you feel better handsome

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cow's 4 I think. Maybe 5 years old.

He'll be fine without teeth & will eat everything a "normal" cat does. Twitch, his sister, hasn't had teeth for a few years. She eats large cat face shaped Nutro MAX kibble even!
Once his mouth heals, I can start him on some dry food again. But not for at least 2 weeks, maybe a month or more. I want to be sure his mouth is all healed up. And I plan to start him off on Fromms as the kibble is tiny tiny little balls.

I put Molly in the bathroom with him so she could eat her ration of wet food for the morning & he's chasing her around & biting her as he plays! I am surprised he's biting at her already, but might seperate them so he doesn't hurt his mouth more.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, poor Cow! My old cat, Penny had rotten teeth too when she got older. They took about half of them out but she still was able to eat dry cat food.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww poor baby! He looks good though!

Why does a cats teeth get so bad at such a young age? I've never heard of teeth removal for a cat.

for Cow!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Genetics, I'm assuming since the only two surviving littermates have rotten teeth. Esp. since Twitch's were rotten at like 7 months of age.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Genetics, I'm assuming since the only two surviving littermates have rotten teeth. Esp. since Twitch's were rotten at like 7 months of age.
That is so weird! Poor babies thank goodness Cow has you!