Our First Snow Storm Of The Season

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yuck....it's snowing hard outside.

Here's my weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

Tonight: Occasional snow and sleet. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature rising to around 30 by 5am. East southeast wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Sunday: Occasional rain or freezing rain before 10am, then occasional rain showers. High near 37. South southeast wind between 8 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah yes, we are starting to get that storm right now! It is a huge one too. My friend runs a snowplowing company and he was tracking the storm all day on the radar. He had to drop me off a while ago because he had to start getting ready for the heaps of snow!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ah yes, we are starting to get that storm right now! It is a huge one too. My friend runs a snowplowing company and he was tracking the storm all day on the radar. He had to drop me off a while ago because he had to start getting ready for the heaps of snow!
Gosh, I just looked at a map, and you really aren't too far from me (as the crow flies, that is...)

Hope you stay warm, and don't lose your power!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's heading our way too! weather.com says that we're suppose to get hit with it tomorrow morning
I'm excited....SNNNNNOOOOOOWWWW!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, thats the same system thats passing through my place now. It started snowing here about 9AM and we got about 7" so far. Now, for hte past 2 hours its been sleeting & raining. John has had to leave a few time to pull some friends out of ditches & sides of streets because of the snow.

We're supposed to get more tomorrow too!

This is how its been most of the day, low visibility & lots of wind!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Yup, thats the same system thats passing through my place now. It started snowing here about 9AM and we got about 7" so far. Now, for hte past 2 hours its been sleeting & raining. John has had to leave a few time to pull some friends out of ditches & sides of streets because of the snow.

We're supposed to get more tomorrow too!
Oh shoot....if you've got 7" so far, I better call my snow removal guy in the morning to make sure I'm on his list!!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The snow is supposed to start around 5am then sleet by mid-morning, rain then sleet again. We just remembered we don't have a shovel but it sounds like we won't need it.

The kitties wake DH up at 5am so I sent him to bed with the camera to get the early morning pics.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

This is how its been most of the day, low visibility & lots of wind!
That's so awesome! I can picture myself spinning around and around in my little civic down that road.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

That's so awesome! I can picture myself spinning around and around in my little civic down that road.

Here's some of the snow piling up on my patio, that was this morning, the rain has compacted it a lot more.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, Pookie-poo. Where in Michigan are you to get that much snow? I'm in the Detroit area. Went out to dinner tonight with friends and the roads were crappy, but I have seen and driven in much worse.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Hey, Pookie-poo. Where in Michigan are you to get that much snow? I'm in the Detroit area. Went out to dinner tonight with friends and the roads were crappy, but I have seen and driven in much worse.
I'm in the Tri-Cities (Bay City, Saginaw, Midland) area. About 2 1/2 hours north of you, I think...

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like your snow storm is headed for New England. Just heard the 11:00 o' clock weather report and says snow starting Sunday night all day Monday and Monday night,. heavy snow fall and expecting it to be well over a foot of snow..It sure puts me in the Christmas spirit!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sigh.... Last time it snowed here was Jan 1999 and we got a couple of inches. My boss at the time called me and told me to take the day off since it was sooo slippery. People in my city don't know how to drive in snow since it rarely snows. I would love to have a white christmas at least one year.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup - that's the storm that will be in New England tonight. They're expecting 6-12" of snow in New Hampshire tonight and tomorrow. I really hate driving in snow

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We only got about 3 inches last night. Today is supposed to be rain/sleet, so it could get dangerous. Right now, they've stayed on top of it, and the roads look to be plowed (at least mine is, lol...I heard them go by about 6 am.)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got snow here

It's not anything like the northern states get, but I'm satisfied!