Da Bird is Da Bomb!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why the heck did it take me so long to get one of these???? The girls absolutely LOVE it, and all 3 of them have been playing with it all night with us. This is the first toy that all 3 cats have actually been able to enjoy at the same time and they've all gotten involved in. Well worth the $10!

Reach!

Even Smudge got oof the ground, which is impressive for her

Lily got such good air she jumped above the camera a bunch of times!

We got a few though

This was one impressive leap!

And rest....

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg i wonder if Charlie would go crazy like that!!!

Invisible volleyball

Invisible skateboard jump

Invisible bike

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know! It's just the best cat toy ever

It's *so* much easier tireing out energetic cats once you have it as well. It should help your Stumpy be easier to be around.

Lily managed to get some good height in
It's so much fun seeing cats playing. Especially adult cats actually, they're so cute and undignified but dignified at the same time.

Just for fun, here's Nikita enjoying Da Bird:

It's MINE you can't have it

Do you have a problem with your girls getting competitive over it? I sometimes have a problem getting it back from Nikita, she'll growl and refuse to give it up.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pics

Just wait til you try da mouse! My boys both prefer that to the feather

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sarah fantastic shots!

Originally Posted by Siggav

Do you have a problem with your girls getting competitive over it? I sometimes have a problem getting it back from Nikita, she'll growl and refuse to give it up.
Takoda and Magnum hate having to give up their catch. They growl and carry on something terrible when I try to take it back.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha, those are fun pics!!!! i been trying for months to get a good jumping pic, and no luck

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great pictures, and they are getting great excercise by the look of it.
Love the first picture.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pictures! I've been debating getting one of those for my crew and every time I see pictures like these I think about it more and more.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What great action shots!

I have to get one of those. Earlier this year I bought something along the same lines but it's on a string that easily gets twisted and feathers are large and heavy and because of that it's not possible to "fling" the feathers. All I can do is drag them along the ground and the cats don't much care for it at all.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! What great pictures!!!!! I can't believe the air cats can get! I guess we need to get one of those!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

Great pics

Just wait til you try da mouse! My boys both prefer that to the feather
Da Mouse????? What's that??? Da Bird is on my wish list, now I need to get a Da Mouse?????

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow look at those kitties jump!
So far only Ben jumps that high.
I don't know about Da Mouse but they have a furry attachment that is a bigger hit than the feathers.
Fur Fun

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Omg i wonder if Charlie would go crazy like that!!!

Invisible volleyball

Invisible skateboard jump

Invisible bike
That's so funny!!!

Originally Posted by Siggav

It's *so* much easier tiring out energetic cats once you have it as well. It should help your Stumpy be easier to be around.

Lily actually loved it more than Stumpy, and Lily got much more worn out than Stumpy. Stumpy's better with the laser pointer because she plays with that on her own and can tear around.

The 3 girls were actually very respectful of each others space, and were good with the feathers too - once they caught them they'd try to have a chew but wouldn't get upset when I took it off them!

Originally Posted by theimp98

haha, those are fun pics!!!! i been trying for months to get a good jumping pic, and no luck
You definitely need one person with the toy, and someone else in position to take the pics. I press the button on the camera halfway down to autofocus then just click once I see a cat jumping. We took 150 photos, and only kept a little under 50, the best of which I posted.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

What great action shots!

I have to get one of those. Earlier this year I bought something along the same lines but it's on a string that easily gets twisted and feathers are large and heavy and because of that it's not possible to "fling" the feathers. All I can do is drag them along the ground and the cats don't much care for it at all.
I don't know if you've seen Da Bird in action, but the feathers all spin around as it flies through the air and also makes a whistling noise, which I think is half the reason why the girls loved it so much.

But in saying that, my neighbours lazy cat really didn't care about it at all, so it's certainly not for all cats.

Originally Posted by gemlady

How is your shoulder feeling today?
DH and I swapped photo taking and da Birding, so we're doing ok

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even my lazy cat (Mattie) will play with it if she's in the mood! She doesn't play with anything else. It's a great toy.

Wonderful pics!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Da Bird! Lily takes possesion of it & will not hesitate to rip you limb from limb if you try to take it away.

PJ always "catches" it & takes off full speed to hit the end of the string & snap back!

Tell Lily I think she has a lovely bum from what I can see in the pics!

vegaskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, what great shots! I for sure need to get one of those toys!