Help! I'm going out tonight and I have a zit!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's HUGE too. It's been there for a couple days and I can't get rid of it.

Almost 29 and I still get them!

It's on the side of my chin and looks horrible!

I've put toothpaste on it, and nothing. Now I've got a peice of ice wrapped in a washcloth applied to it.

It really sucks! I usually don't get them but this one it a big-un!

HELP!
Any other home remedies?
Im leaving in an hour and don't have time to run out to buy something!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Iodine? First you need to get it where something is coming out, even if its oils. Warm compress helps make it surface as well. Then apply the iodine and see it fizzle!

I know the feeling...I'm 30 and am still popping them.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wait 'til you're almost 49 and still getting them. They're a wonderful accent to the wrinkles, crow's feet and dry skin that's everywhere else!

I just use a topical steroid cream on them when they first start. Sorry, I know it's not much help at this point. You have my sympathy!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm 24 and have really bad acne still. Tho it's not a quick fix the best thing to keep your skin looking fresh is a once a week oil absorbing mask. Then when you get the real hum dingers you wash your face and apply a toner that contains benzoil peroxide and then for the spot treatment you apply salyic acid on top of it. It's like a tag team effect. My SO and I use the clearsyil tinted spot treatment thing.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've read in some teen magazine a few years ago of doctors who've used really really thin and sterile needles to drain out bad zits for people before a big event. Not that I would suggest going to the doc right now, but it was just an interesting article. It was probably more for infected zits than regular ones.
There's also this stuff that I saw on TV that acts like a zit medication plus a smoother so you can apply makeup over the zit without much of the bump. Don't ask me what it's called, that was also a while ago when I saw that commercial.

I would keep it clear of anything for a while so the swelling can go down and only add a tiny bit of medication during the day. At night, one's skin tends to absorb more moisture, oil and bacteria, hence why some people practically wake up to a bad skin day. (At least, what I read in a Cosmopolitan magazine)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Visine takes the red out!

If you don't have any- try taking a tylenol or advil to reduce the inflamation, then put a warm compress on it to help bring it to a head so it will drain.

Whatever you do- don't pop it with your fingernails- nails have lots of nasty bacteria under them- the last thing you need is an infected blemish- so be sure to wash your hands before touching your face.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

I've read in some teen magazine a few years ago of doctors who've used really really thin and sterile needles to drain out bad zits for people before a big event. Not that I would suggest going to the doc right now, but it was just an interesting article. It was probably more for infected zits than regular ones.
I had a dermatological proceedure done through my Dermatologist and I broke out from it. He had me come in and he used the thin needle to remove them, they were not infected. though. Within a few hours, they were gone.

I was amazed. He told me on Fridays, his office is full with teenagers having this done before the weekend.

ethereal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This has already been suggested, but eye drops really work. The red eye reliever kind. I usually squirt some onto a piece of toilet paper and put it on the blemish for a few minutes and it makes almost all the red dissapear! It will make it less noticable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, not much worked lol. I ended up going out with this monster on my chin. No one noticed it.... or at least mentioned it

I kept a warm compress on it when I got home and yes, I'm trying to pop it

I know I shouldn't but the pressure from it hurts

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um - 50 years old and I still get them.
They usually coincide with the monthly cycle.

A couple of years ago I had the zit from heck - covered a third of my chin.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I concur at age 50 and still having them too!! I had a nice one on my forehead last week!!

When will they stop..........................

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah geez, zits suck! I don't get them often, but when I do, they are DOOZIES

Sorry you had to go out with a zit gone wrong on your face
I call the bad ones "zits gone wrong"

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Just wait 'til you're almost 49 and still getting them. They're a wonderful accent to the wrinkles, crow's feet and dry skin that's everywhere else!

I just use a topical steroid cream on them when they first start. Sorry, I know it's not much help at this point. You have my sympathy!
Rofl...just what I was thinking, but wasn't going to say

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If not too late:

1- Go to the pharmacy and buy Spectro-Gel for acnee
2- Rinse your face and wash it with it the gel
3- Taking a needle and sterilize the end with a lighter, let it cool under water
4- Pierce the middle white part of the zit (gently)
5- Let the pus flow out and gently dab it with a humid cloth. Do not under any circumstance push it out using your hands
6- If you have them available at the pharmacy you can buy Oxy-Acne wet "tampons" and dab the pus with it, it has the antiobiotic responsible for acne on it.
7- Once most of it is out wash your face again with spectro-gel (gently). If you still see a small edema, softly push the rest out and dab accordingly.
8- Leave it be or apply a specific acne cream to dry the opening and kill any remaining bacterias.

Hopefully it'll be gone by the time your date arrives. It might be a little reddish, but there's nothing you can do about this, the inflammation will wear off.

Hope you're ok !