No I caught him what do i do now?

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home to find , a big cat had, my semi-feral Baby's kitten Paws pinned to the ground. He was definately trying to kill him. So I chased him off, put out a bowl of warm milk, and when Paws came to drink it I nabbed him?. I have put him in a room, in the basement with food , water, bed and a litter box. He is about 8-9 weeks old, what do I do next? by the way if I ever do this again I'm wearing gloves OWWW man does this kitty got teeth

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now you have to decide if you are going to keep him or not. If you decide to make him an indoor cat, you will need to have him checked out by a vet before continuing!

Good luck! And thank you for bringing him inside!

Oh, and are you sure he's a he and not a she?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

Now you have to decide if you are going to keep him or not. If you decide to make him an indoor cat, you will need to have him checked out by a vet before continuing!

Good luck! And thank you for bringing him inside!

Oh, and are you sure he's a he and not a she?
I haven't gotten close enough to see if is is a girl or boy, I call it Paws , Paws is completely wild and hiding in somewhere in my basement, I am hoping to tame Paws and find a nice warm home, as an indoor kitty, since it is -15 C outside. I really didn't like the idea of Paws being outside, Dh is trying to find a large dog kennel or cage to put Paws in for now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to know the best way to handle this baby? What is the best way to help Paws?

bszaronos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The best thing you can do is let the kitten come to you. It will take a little time. I would suggest putting some food down in the basement and sitting near it. Try sitting off to the side reading a book out loud. This will keep you eyes away from the kitten and let her get use to the sound of your voice. Eventually the kitten will associate you with food. don't try to reach for her, this will spook her. Remember her mom has taught her to keep quite and be hidden. It will take some time.

I have been doing this with my outside mommy cat. She no longer hisses or spits at me. She actually lets me get right next to her. And if i don't feed her at the exact time, she will start looking for me. This has been going on for two maybe three weeks.

The kitten we rescued is doing great. She can not stand to be by herself. We have two dogs, a mini poodle and a yorkie. I was worried about the dogs attacking the kitten. Wrong the cat attacks the dogs all the time. Nothing mean she is just playing, but will dive towards the puppies.

Actually my wife just told me that the kitten was on the bed and seen the dogs refelction in the mirror. She dove at it thinking she was going to land on the puppy and landed right in the middle of the mirror.

Well good luck and hopefully you will end up with a loving pet.