Which do you prefer?

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just looking at Mitzi and thinking how chunky she's getting. So I thought why not do a poll on whether you prefer chunky cats, skinny cats, in-between cats, or you're just not fussy!

For me it's the chubbies!
That goes for all animals!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like to see animals too overweight or underweight. Both are very unhealthy. I want my animals to live long, happy, healthy lives and keeping them at a healthy weight is a big part of that.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My answer wan't an available choice: I like HEALTHY kitties.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm such a cat fan I don't care either way I just love them all. I tend to try & keep my cats at a healthy weight to keep them healthy, but I don't care if they get big either.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't choose any of those options. I prefer HEALTHY kitties- kitties that are not underweright or overweight. It is not healthy for kitties to be overweight or underweight- both can carry some prety hefty health risks and shorten the cats lifespan. I prefer an animals weight be at a healthy, ideal weight for their body. Responsible owners should help them maintain a healthy body size through a good nutritional diet/daily exercise.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love skinny Oriental type body shapes. The thin heads, long bodies, legs and tails.
I hate seeing fat cats.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like ones at a proper wt for them and YES in some cases that is a bit heavy or a bit light ...

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Í love muscular sleek beasts. So not thin and not chubby (I picked the inbetween one) but very muscled with no extra fat.

More than that though it's health. I really don't like seeing overweight cats. However I know that far from all chubby cats are overweight, sometimes it's just their build and fur, like the British Shorthairs.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

I hate seeing fat cats.
Me too. I know excessive amounts of fat is not healthy for the animal and can shorten lifespans by caring around all that weight. I like a healthy cat, not too skinny, not too fat. It depends on the cat and build what is healthy.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a fat cat and I would say he is healthy, he just has slower matabolism then the other kitties. Nuit has lost weight since we got her (from 17 to 13 but is more or less a lg boned cat), ceasar is long & lean, & the jenny & Zoey are on the petite side but i healthy weight for them. However because Bentley is heavier, I get to stay a little warmer on those chilly nights
, I barely knowtice when the other cats sleep on the bed.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

However because Bentley is heavier, I get to stay a little warmer on those chilly nights
, I barely knowtice when the other cats sleep on the bed.
My Sphynx kitty is a smaller cat (with the slight belly many Sphynx have), about 6-7 lbs. and stays warmer than my 90plus lb. dog. She puts off A LOT of heat!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't say any of our cats are fat, but they have a little bit of chunk to them. I think Enzy is so cute with his chunk. He's a pound overweight (12 lbs) I guess, but it's been impossible for me to get it off him! I've been trying for a year and I've got him down from 13.5 lbs, but that's about as much as I can get from him.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. I interpreted the "inbetween kitties" to mean healthy kitties

So I picked that. Although Whitey is chunky...however he's super fur so it hides most of his fat. However he is healthy otherwise...just can't pass a food bowl.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one skinny one (too skinny now...), one in between, and one chubby one. I love them all, as long as they're healthy.