Cali's out and about tonight!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home late tonight and heard the most heart wrenching attempt at crying to get out of the basement ever. Poor Cali was lonely. Apparently hubby wasn't down there enough for her liking today while he was off so she wanted out and to explore.
What the heck I thought since she'd have to face the fearsome 5 sooner or later, so I let her upstairs. Rocket was the first one to greet her, since he's had contact with her downstairs, it wasn't very eventful, just a little hissing.
Next came the girls. Isis didn't give a rats behind until Cali got to close to her then she yeowled like she does with all the cats, then followed Cali around watching her every move ( and still is somewhat.) Luna just doesn't care either way, (she's such a great cat!
) Neffie hissed at her and is still somewhat but no posturing from anyone so far so good, right??
Well then came 25 pound Twig. Cali shrunk to the size of an ant when she saw him. He's the hardest to deal with. He's been hissy, posturing, growling, stalking, but so far no real conflicts. Mostly what worries me is what happens when he gets that way because he and Rocket tend to fight. But (knocks on wood) so far no fighting on any level. So Cali is spending the night upstairs with us. When I leave for work tomorrow though, she will be back downstairs. I don't fully trust the fearsome 5 just yet. But I find if we leave them to go about their business, it's all good.

So Welcome Cali officially into our home. Vibes, that our house stays fight free please.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hope they all accept Cali. Maisie and Kitty are still seperated after 8 months but thats because Kitty is very bolshy!

Good Luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had to take her collar off last night. She tried to eat it and got her bottom jaw stuck under it.
She's been upstairs for two days now and she's not making brownie points with anyone. She is a bit of a bully now (not that they are worried about her). But I guess if you're only 8 pounds and you're in a house with anywhere from 10 to 25 pound room mates who are looking to eat you, you'd become a little bit of a bully too. She likes to bite when she's miffed. I tried to clip her talons ( and I do mean talons!!!) last night and she wasn't having any of that, and she bit me.

Oh we will get her tonight. She doing very well otherwise. She isn't clawing the other cats, or anything except the cat towers or anything sisal. She is being a good little lady.

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

I came home late tonight and heard the most heart wrenching attempt at crying to get out of the basement ever. Poor Cali was lonely. Apparently hubby wasn't down there enough for her liking today while he was off so she wanted out and to explore.
What the heck I thought since she'd have to face the fearsome 5 sooner or later, so I let her upstairs. Rocket was the first one to greet her, since he's had contact with her downstairs, it wasn't very eventful, just a little hissing.
Next came the girls. Isis didn't give a rats behind until Cali got to close to her then she yeowled like she does with all the cats, then followed Cali around watching her every move ( and still is somewhat.) Luna just doesn't care either way, (she's such a great cat!
) Neffie hissed at her and is still somewhat but no posturing from anyone so far so good, right??
Well then came 25 pound Twig. Cali shrunk to the size of an ant when she saw him. He's the hardest to deal with. He's been hissy, posturing, growling, stalking, but so far no real conflicts. Mostly what worries me is what happens when he gets that way because he and Rocket tend to fight. But (knocks on wood) so far no fighting on any level. So Cali is spending the night upstairs with us. When I leave for work tomorrow though, she will be back downstairs. I don't fully trust the fearsome 5 just yet. But I find if we leave them to go about their business, it's all good.

So Welcome Cali officially into our home. Vibes, that our house stays fight free please.
Wow! Sounds like you have a busy household.
My Cali has been seen quite physically close with her brother Tolstoy.