Sudden hissing?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We brought Beauty back from a week's stay at the animal hospital 4-5 weeks ago. When we first brought her back Patches would hiss at her (btw Patches and Beauty have ALWAYS known each other since kitten hood)

We blew it off thinking that she just had extra smells from being away so long and that it would end after another week or two.

Well...here is a month or so later and I just had to yell at Patches because she chased Beauty hissing at her (I brought Beauty upstairs...since this whole thing started Beauty stays downstairs and Patches stays upstairs).

Any idea what's going on??? Can the smells last this long? B suspects that Patches is starting to lose her site, however I can't see any signs of that when I play with her.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any way you can make sure all three cats definitely smell the same? Bath maybe?

A week is a long time to a cat, maybe pecking order has changed some as well. If you think Patches may have any health problem, even just her sight, it's a good idea to have that checked. If her sight isn't as good she may even feel insecure around this "new" cat.

Is Beauty still on any medication?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beauty's off the antibiotics, but last night B and I were talking about it and she is perminantly on medicine for her thyroid (hyperthyroid). I rub this in her ear twice a day. I'm wondering if that gives Beauty a new smell also.

We are thinking of giving all the cats a bath and see how that goes. It's been 3 years...they're due for one

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Is there any way you can make sure all three cats definitely smell the same? Bath maybe?

A week is a long time to a cat, maybe pecking order has changed some as well. If you think Patches may have any health problem, even just her sight, it's a good idea to have that checked. If her sight isn't as good she may even feel insecure around this "new" cat.

Is Beauty still on any medication?
Good ideas. Check with the Vet and good luck.