Almost enough saved for her spay....yay

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well for those who did not catch my post over in the breeders corner. Pong went into heat a little earlier than I planned for her to. None of the vets around here will spay before a cat reaches 6mths. So we had planned to get her spayed in January. Well she made sure I had to do this sooner because she went into heat 2 nights ago. So I planned it out and called the vet and decided to get her spayed between Dec. 12-14. Well I will be able to do this sooner. I have 58 of the 85 already saved for her spay. I will not be able to get my husband wanted I wanted to get him for our anniversary but Pong will be spayed and thats just as important. And lucky for us Ping is keeping her occupied so she is not trying to sneak out. So probably within the next week week and a half she will be spayed.
Then maybe we can get some sleep around here.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Yayay!! Congrats on your saving!! Though...imagine if there were Pong kittens...you could have Ping & Pong along with Peanut & Butter and Banana & Split and Garfield & Odie..

Ok..i'm going away now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been busting my butt to get the money to get this done soon. Me and the hubby are so sleep deprived right now.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Yayay!! Congrats on your saving!! Though...imagine if there were Pong kittens...you could have Ping & Pong along with Peanut & Butter and Banana & Split and Garfield & Odie..

Ok..i'm going away now
Oh thats not something I even want to think about. Thank Gosh Ping was neutered almost a year ago.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news - and just delay whatever you were planning on getting him

Its bad enough with a regular cat in heat - siamese are 10 times worse and loud!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loud is an understatement. The first night I only got 4hrs of sleep. And last night hubby could not go to bed until 5am because of the calling. Me I was crashed out tho. I was running on four hours of sleep and worked 5 hours at the pecan grove. Which right now even tho I don't get paid a whole lot I am glad that were looking for help. Because that is what has helped me get the money saved for this.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok while I am on this subject...I know what to except from a neuter surgery but what about a spay surgery. Anything I should be aware of? Any precautions or advice.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THANK YOU for being so caring and responsible. YOU are my Hero(ine) of the Day. Wish everyone would follow your example and make spay/neuter top priority, period!!! Best of luck to you all, and may Pong have a safe spay and a speedy, comfortable recovery. With many "silent nights" for you all to follow!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's great.
I am not a vet but have volunteered at many spay and neuter clinics. you will have to make sure to pull her food the night before and she can only have water. the reason I am saying the night before even though she IS young is because we had a kitten die at the shelter because we forgot to pull his food and he went to throw up while he was under anestetics and he swallowed it and died so it's VERY important that you pull the food the night before. just watch her incision site and no rough play with her until she gets her sutures out and the vets should give you some aftercare tips.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember the sleepless nights before Zebra got spayed. She was really loud. She would stand in the hallway all day and night and just make noises (Zebras noises are a little different than most cats).

You are lucky it only costs $85 there. The first place I brought Zebra to wanted $250 and I said no, I would try and find somewhere cheaper. We moved to a different city not too long later and I found a place to do it for $100. Milos neuter on the other hand cost about $400.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well great news. I won some money off a scratch ticket today. So now I have enough to get her spayed. I will take a look at my husbands schedule and pick a good day to have it done.