kitties and making the bed?

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Berach LOVES to jump on the bed while I'm trying to make it...

More accurately, he likes to be under the sheets and blankets. He'll come running the second he hears me making the bed and will wait until I've grabbed the sheets and blankets together to "lift" them (like a parachute) and then jump underneath! he LOVES it!!
he runs around under there trying to "catch" the sheets, or sometimes will just sit and watch the linens fly... haha, I'll do it a little extra for him cuz I know he likes it so much.

any other kitties out there love to be under the blankets like this?

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by saya

Berach LOVES to jump on the bed while I'm trying to make it...

More accurately, he likes to be under the sheets and blankets. He'll come running the second he hears me making the bed and will wait until I've grabbed the sheets and blankets together to "lift" them (like a parachute) and then jump underneath! he LOVES it!!
he runs around under there trying to "catch" the sheets, or sometimes will just sit and watch the linens fly... haha, I'll do it a little extra for him cuz I know he likes it so much.

any other kitties out there love to be under the blankets like this?
Frisco does the same thing!
He loves to play under the sheets!

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, Zoe is part of the sheet gang too! Putting on clean sheets takes twice as long because she is under every layer....she also comes running every night when I'm tucking my younger son into bed. She waits and times it just right so when I am pulling the blankets up...she leaps up on the bed and dodges right in with him...too funny!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh - both Trent and Mojo LOVE helping with making the bed! Mojo likes to get under the sheets/blankets. Trent likes being on top of the sheets/blankets and like for us to pick him up on the sheet!

rushrulz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mi-ke's famous for hunting the fitted sheet as I pull it. Tora's just discovered this sort of thing, bless him. My rule is that the bed's being made, with or without them, so they'll get made into the bed if they don't move. As Tora was new to this process, he seemed to be slower to escape. When I went to tickle him through the sheets, he tried to grab my hand through them, and his claws are basically knives, so I have these holes now. His claws go all the way through--it's freaky.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rushrulz

Mi-ke's famous for hunting the fitted sheet as I pull it. Tora's just discovered this sort of thing, bless him. My rule is that the bed's being made, with or without them, so they'll get made into the bed if they don't move. As Tora was new to this process, he seemed to be slower to escape. When I went to tickle him through the sheets, he tried to grab my hand through them, and his claws are basically knives, so I have these holes now. His claws go all the way through--it's freaky.
omgosh this is too cute... I do the same thing, just make the kitties right into the bed!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bedding mice? A favourite target for a lot of cats. Apparently there are a lot of invisible mice that hide in bedding of all sorts, the main hunting season is when the bed is being made.

I don't think I've met a cat yet that doesn't go nuts when a bed is being made.