It's Offical, A Blizzard

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, You should see our weather conditions right now, I just got in from work about a half hour ago and you cann't even see across the street. They are forcasting up to 10" of snow for tonight and from the looks of things I would believe it....
Good night to curl up on the couch, have some hot choco and watch movie's with the kitties.
None of them are to happy right now because of the wind outside being so noisy...poor babies....

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I wonder if that is the storm that they say may hit New Hampshire on Sunday?
I hope you have some good movies and a nice warm cuddle with the cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Gah! Where in Canada are you? I sure hope it doesn't come here because I have an important appointment tomorrow morning!
I think you should be safe, I am in Ontario, right along the snowbelt of Georgian Bay. You generally get the bad weather first in Manitoba before it gets here...

It hasn't improved at all in the last hour or so, I just checked my back deck and I gotten about 4" more....Looks like lots of people will be having a snow day tomorrow...

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Wow! I wonder if that is the storm that they say may hit New Hampshire on Sunday?
I hope you have some good movies and a nice warm cuddle with the cats!
Could be from the looks of the forecast it is headed towards the east.
The cats and I just finished watching the Shrek Christmas Special, and we are waiting for the Grinch at 9

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please all of you keep it ,.. we got lucky we were supposed to get 6-8 inches and got about 2

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I talked to my Dad, who's in Upstate NY, and he said they were getting ready to get hit themselves. They get lots of lake effect snow too. I'm glad to be a good distance away at times like these!

Stay in and keep warm with those kitties!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gah! I want to see snow so badly! Think it'll be strong enough to drag itself down to Washington D.C.?
This'll be my first snow if it ever snows!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is southwest MN we have snow too - may be a few inches, but predicting 5-7 for Saturday. What part of Canada are you in that is having 10 inches?

Stacy, I'm from Maryland (Baltimore) - you won't get any snow from north - Baltimore/Washington gets more snow if the storm is coming up from the south (Virginia). The mountains in PA and WV stop it for the most part.

And most of the snow hits Baltimore in January/February - not in December. I don't remember the last time there was a white Christmas there. Since moving to MN we have gotten white Christmases every year

k.j.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's supposed to snow slushy here. In Washington. Hey, I'll take the blizzard

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Stacy, I'm from Maryland (Baltimore) - you won't get any snow from north - Baltimore/Washington gets more snow if the storm is coming up from the south (Virginia). The mountains in PA and WV stop it for the most part.
Thanks for the info! Drat... I was hoping for some snow soon! Oh well, at least it's already snowing a bit in Ohio. My husband and I are going to his mom's place there for about 2 weeks! Snow!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I am in MN - (right by the WI boarder) its just starting to flurry a bit, nothing heavy but on the hwy its blowing pretty good. We're supposed to get 7 inches by Sunday, but I won't believe it until I see it, it never snows when I want it to!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Could be from the looks of the forecast it is headed towards the east.
The cats and I just finished watching the Shrek Christmas Special, and we are waiting for the Grinch at 9
I watched that yesterday. It was funny.

You can keep the snow. I live near London, Ontario and I don't want any snow. The cold is bad enough, we don't need snow too.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Send some of the white stuff to Memphis please!

Stay safe & warm in the winter weather everyone!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's a new day here and it is still snowing, most definitely no white Christmas for us this year.

All the schools are closed and tons of cancellations.

I was out cleaning off my deck and stairs Which wasn't to bad but the main driveway for the building is a mess...Looks like I am walking today!!!!!!

Good Thing I am one of those rare individuals who likes winter...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a winter storm watch posed for the entire state of Michigan, starting Saturday night and into Sunday morning - no predictions yet on snowfall amounts. Actually, I could do without snow, but we need the precipitation and in many respects it's good for the economy - skiing, snow removal, etc.

I just deal with it best I can.