Food question

aktotx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine feeds this stuff and I told her I would ask for opinions on it. I feed my cats Wellness in the blue bag, but she says that is way to expenisve for her. Thank you

INGREDIENTS
Ground Yellow Corn, Chicken Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Wheat Germ Meal, Fish Meal, Dried Egg Product, Dried Whey Products, Yeast Culture, Spray Dried Digest of Chicken and Liver, Taurine, Salt, Choline Chloride, Added Color (FD&C Red #40, Yellow #5, Blue #2), Vitamin A Acetate Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium d-Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Magnesium Oxide.
Crude Protein, not less than 30.0%
Crude Fat, not less than 10.0%
Crude Fiber, not more than 4.5%
Moisture, not more than 12.0%

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I would opt for Wellness myself
and not those ingredients you list, which are quite inferior and which may well result in more illnesses and vet bills for your friend's cat.
Like us, cats "are what they eat", and a high-quality diet results in better health and fewer illnesses, doctor bills, and concerns for caring cat guardians.
Good on ya for feeding Wellness -- your cat (and all cats) is worth it!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
INGREDIENTS
Ground Yellow Corn Corn is fine but like ingrediant 5 or later and not with gluten, Chicken MealVery good protein source some agrue the best avail in a DRY food, Corn Gluten Meal,I have no issue with corn gluten but not in a formula with corn Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Wheat Germ Mealfiber source and not great in digestabilty , Fish MealWhat fish???, Dried Egg Product, Dried Whey ProductsThis is a milk or dairy derivative NOT my first choice for accesory protein, Yeast CultureGreat if BREWERS yeast but WHAT YEAST is this , Spray Dried Digest of Chicken and LiverNO NO NO this is not a good thing , Taurine, Salt, Choline Chloride, Added Color (FD&C Red #40, Yellow #5, Blue #2)I NEVER do COLORS that are artificial, Vitamin A Acetate Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium d-Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Magnesium Oxide.
Crude Protein, not less than 30.0%
Crude Fat, not less than 10.0% on the low end
Crude Fiber, not more than 4.5%
Moisture, not more than 12.0%

Wellness is a good food , many find it a bit grainy but it is LIGHT years better than this one IMHO

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aktotx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like the wellness. We have tried so many different foods mixed and they dig looking for the wellness, I have 1 cat that will pick out the pieces he doesn't like and puts it on the floor next to the bowl. The food my friend buys is 6.99 for a 18 pound bag. So she doesn't want to switch since it is so cheap. But I'll print out what sharky posted and show her. Hopefully I can get her to convert to something better.
Thank you

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by aktotx

I like the wellness. We have tried so many different foods mixed and they dig looking for the wellness, I have 1 cat that will pick out the pieces he doesn't like and puts it on the floor next to the bowl. The food my friend buys is 6.99 for a 18 pound bag. So she doesn't want to switch since it is so cheap. But I'll print out what sharky posted and show her. Hopefully I can get her to convert to something better.
Thank you
I believe she is using sportmix in hairball ... they have a bit better one at the same price ....

I post a thread about grocery foods that are decent maybe print that for her
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...+grocery+foods

while none are as cheap they are better

aktotx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I believe she is using sportmix in hairball ... they have a bit better one at the same price ....

I post a thread about grocery foods that are decent maybe print that for her
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...+grocery+foods

while none are as cheap they are better
No she is using Nunn-better (what a funny name for crud food) and it is the "gourmet blend"

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does she buy at a grocery or feed store???

aktotx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Does she buy at a grocery or feed store???
Grocery store PriceCutter