Tucked in...

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last two mornings I have been trapped between two sleeping felines. They have both taken to tucking themselves in under the covers with me. Stan snuggles into my belly; Bella spoons me from the back.

Last night Bella tunneled under the covers and wedged herself under my knees as I was reading in bed.

Of course, I feel rather crippled (not turning in your sleep will do that) and it complicates those mid night calls from nature (I hate to disturb them). It just melts my heart to hear the purring in stereo.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww thats so sweet how they both sleep next to you being all purry!
Its hard to disturb a sleeping cat, thats how we are when they are sleeping on the couch next to us.
We don't want to disturb their sleep, they look so cute while they sleep

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats lovely, I have three on the bed at the moment one either side and one at the bottom
they keep the bed warm and cosy.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ours sleep on top of the blanket, pinning us down so we can't move if we tried.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Yep, that's the same with our girls - none of our kitties like under the blankets. As soon as our lights go out the girls come and snuggle with me, and they're there when I wake up

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww how cute!

Yep same with Lucky & Benson.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's what they used to do, but ever since DH pulled out the down comforter and turned the heat down to 55 at night, they've started tunneling in...I wonder why

Frankly I don't know how they breathe sometimes, but I know they are because I can hear the motor going

11krage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Nyx used to use my head and neck as her pillow, but whenever its too cold for her delicate senses under the covers she goes to curl up near my stomach. She's also taken to sleep like a human and will tunnel under the covers only to turn around so her head is on the pillow and the rest of her under the covers - she even does this during the day when no one is using the bed.

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Frankly I don't know how they breathe sometimes, but I know they are because I can hear the motor going
I've read that purring is unrelated to breathing, but it's a good sign they're still alive.

Mez

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lexi loves sleeping under the covers. She will come up to me and wait for me to lift the covers and curl up into my body and her head is usually by my pillow. I can basically hug her.

karebearcasey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

that's what mine do. damian used to sleep right on top of me which made it even harder to move! i don't know what it is about a sleeping cat that makes me dare not wake it! i've ended up with cramping muscles because of not moving. luckily, those that sleep at my legs, sleep behind them so i can at least move slightly!