Well that was annoying

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went outside to walk the dogs. Usually I leash the two smallest dogs (Sammy & Marley) and then let the bigger ones (Thunder & Scooter) run to go potty. I never take out extra leashes because I never need to. Before I went out, my "sixth sense" told me I better grab the extra leashes just in case. And I'm so glad I did.

I was walking them when all of a sudden some guy comes wandering into the backyard. We live way out in the country, on 15 acres. I figured maybe it was someone coming to work on the house, but he kept coming towards me. I grabbed Thunder and Scooter and leashed them really quick.

The guy asked if they were friendly. I just said "I really don't know what they'll do". I was a bit nervous. He said "Oh, that's ok. I have 10 dogs, dogs love me." Well, my dogs did NOT love him. Especially Thunder was growling the entire time and he's usually not like that. So what does the guy do? He reaches over and grabs Thunder's face to pet him!
It of course made Thunder angry but I said "No" and Thunder backed up instead of nipping like I know he wanted to.

The dog is already growling, how stupid do you need to be to pet a growling dog? "Oh, but dogs love me." I DON'T CARE if YOUR dogs love you... MY dog clearly DOES NOT love you so please don't try to pet him!

Turns out the guy had a list of stuff and was looking for donations for something or other. I just politely said "As you can see, I'm busy and don't have these things, but good luck."

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You would be amazed how stupid people are.

There was a young female Pit X up for adoption, she was a bit flighty around new people. This couple came to meet her. She of course did her routine.....in the kennel, hunched a bit, growling, lip curled a bit. So the lady walks right up to her & puts her face in the Pits!

Some people are morons.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something about this makes me nervous. Please keep your eyes out for this guy. Make sure the doors are locked. Thunder didn't like him for a reason, and your sixth sense was on alert for a reason.

Pretty odd for this man to be out in a rural area looking for donations. Then to force himself on a dog that is obviously NOT happy having him there. It is almost like he was pushing to see just how far Thunder would go.

Anyone with 10 dogs should be well aware of dog behavior and know not to press the limits with any growling dog.

Maybe my paranoid side coming out...but this guy just gives me the creeps even over the internet.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

Pretty odd for this man to be out in a rural area looking for donations. Then to force himself on a dog that is obviously NOT happy having him there. It is almost like he was pushing to see just how far Thunder would go.

I was just about to say pretty much the same thing. Donations?? I doubt it!!

Animals are smart, and they can sense danger. Maverick & Gabriel just hated my ex-boyfriend, and they had every right to. He was an abuser, and they knew it..

I would keep an eye out for that guy, and be prepared, if he comes around again. YOUR sixth sense was telling you something, too...

~KK~

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

That's how people get bit, what a doofus!!
Yeah Really! What a bright bulb he must be.....

Please do keep a good eye out for him and keep things locked up too. It's the time of year people seem to do desperate things.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a weirdo. That's odd that the man kept approaching you too. i would be very careful next time you're out hon. do you have any pepper spray/etc you can carry with you?

(i'm a firm believer that dogs can sense bad/weird people. Whiskey is insanely protective of me. good thing you have a good guard dog
)