Innova versus EVO

azcarol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Miles and Shelly loved the Innova canned cat and kitten food I tried. So far, no digestive issues for either of them, though it's only been a day, so we'll see. I know Natura makes both the Innova and EVO, and EVO is grain free.

I'm just wondering what would be the better food for both of them, Innova or EVO? Is it always better to go grain-free? Or, is the new 95% even better than either of these?

They've both been eating Wellness canned (kitten for Miles, regular adult for Shelly), and Shelly is so tired of it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you talking canned why not just rotate a few types and brands

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My 8 weeks old eats a variety of canned food and she never have any tummy issues. So, I'll second Sharky's recommendation and try a variety of canned food for her. Lucy Belle gets real excited when it's feeding time since it's always a different taste. She loves her food with gravy and will lick the plate clean. It's a plus since she gets her food and water at the same time.

Since you are already feeding premium cat food, try brands like Eagle Pack, Nutro Complete Care/Gourmet Classics(pouches), Natural Balance, California Natural, Felidae, Newman's Own Organic, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azcarol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies, Sharky and tutti_bella.

I just got back from where I get my premium foods. They just told me the exact same thing you told me: try different foods. So, I came home with EVO, regular Innova, California Natural, the chicken and herring type Wellness (which I think Shelly still likes), and a few packets of the Wellness pouches. I also brought home a trial packet of EVO dry. Right now they both like Wellness Complete dry, but I want to rotate a bit.

I almost bought some Nutro Complete Care pouches at Petco - much cheaper than the Wellness pouches, but when I looked at the ingredients in the back, it had wheat gluten. Do I have an unreasonable fear of wheat gluten?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by azcarol

Thanks for the replies, Sharky and tutti_bella.

I just got back from where I get my premium foods. They just told me the exact same thing you told me: try different foods. So, I came home with EVO, regular Innova, California Natural, the chicken and herring type Wellness (which I think Shelly still likes), and a few packets of the Wellness pouches. I also brought home a trial packet of EVO dry. Right now they both like Wellness Complete dry, but I want to rotate a bit.

I almost bought some Nutro Complete Care pouches at Petco - much cheaper than the Wellness pouches, but when I looked at the ingredients in the back, it had wheat gluten. Do I have an unreasonable fear of wheat gluten?
Not unreasonable as it still is a allergen to many kittys but it IS SAFE to use...