Why Doesn't Walmart Sell Plastic Crochet Hooks Anymore?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Walmart today, for the second time now, looking for a plastic crochet hook. I'm a freak, I know, but the sound/feeling metal cochet hooks make against yarn is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me!!!!
I was forced to buy one today, but I'm going to a couple more bigger craft stores on Friday. I asked the lady working in the craft section if Walmart stopped selling the plastic kind and she rolled her eyes and said "Yes, I have no idea why." She told me a couple other places I could look to find them, one I have already checked.

Does anyone know why they would stop carrying an item like this? There's no way they were loosing money on them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Do you have a JoAnn's Craft Store anywhere nearby? They carry them. And check out the websites. If you order it tonight, I'll bet they get it to you quickly.
I do have one, I haven't checked there yet, I didn't know if they were too small. I'll check it out!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My lil sis wants plastic ones for Christmas & I looked in Wal Mart & couldn't find any, either!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am pretty sure our store still does. I bought a new H hook there not long back and bought the hard plastic type. I will check when I go there Saturday. I can't afford it but I really like bamboo hooks. Someone bought me one last year (lost it tho) and it slid through yarn so smoothly. Better than any metal or plastic hook.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

I am pretty sure our store still does. I bought a new H hook there not long back and bought the hard plastic type. I will check when I go there Saturday. I can't afford it but I really like bamboo hooks. Someone bought me one last year (lost it tho) and it slid through yarn so smoothly. Better than any metal or plastic hook.
Oooo, I should keep an eye out for the bamboo hooks! I would buy one of those if you say they are nice!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Oooo, I should keep an eye out for the bamboo hooks! I would buy one of those if you say they are nice!
I don't know where this person bought the one I had. But you should be able to buy them online.

Here is one website they have sets and single hooks:
http://www.karpstyles.com/catalog.ht...lover%20Bamboo

Here is another site they have clover bamboo and soft touch hooks. As well as addi, birch, and susan bates hooks:
http://www.yarn-store.com/crochet-hooks.html