Pregnant?

leedsboi86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone.
Just got some better pics of the lil stray I took in last night,
Anyone else think she has a lil piggie belly?
Her tummy feels soft but also hard.
She's very loving and friendly and will cuddle upto anyone.
She is hissing at my 2 male kitties when they come too close, She is eating ALOT and likes to sleep. Also dunno if its cause shes just come into the home but she keeps going back to a certain spot like a lil hide away place.
Gonna get her wormed tommrow incase it is worms but still worried she could be pregnant.

Pics:

Joke Pic(Not really lit lol its edited on fire)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a beauty and THANK YOU for rescuing and loving her! Yep, she looks "expectant" to me; hopefully you can get her in right away to your vet. Keep us posted, please!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree, have a vet verify or not. She does look pregnant, but it could be worms. If pregnant you'll have to decide if you want her to have the kittens and then deal with the expense of caring for them (including spay/neutering) for 10-12 weeks.

If you let her have them, the kittens will be healthier and more socially adjusted/behavior if not taken away from mom/siblings till 10-12 weeks MINIMUM.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leedsboi86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hiya!

I made her a appointment as vets day she came in anyway but they won't see her for another week >.<

I thought it could be worms too.
She has been wormed today tho with Drontal just incase

leedsboi86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hiya!

Took some more pics of her just now to see if they help at all.
she looks abit thiner I think but my partner still calls her "Porky"

Anyone else think she still looks Pregnant?

leedsboi86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Think she still looks preggie?
I think she just looks abit porky now but my partner says she looks preggie lol.
damn vets won't see her for a week >.<

what are the symptons I should look for if she is preggie?

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hard to tell by her size..... the first ones looks like she has that roundness but the 2nd group she just looks bigger all around....... mmmmmmm their nipples will get bigger (normally pretty big and not tiny things) and also pink. that is the only other main thing I can think of....... I am in the same situation as you only it is my cat but wondering on the is she isn't she thing..... but I noticed her nipples which are now quite large and she is just now getting a bit of a belly but not really big at all yet......

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Agree, have a vet verify or not. She does look pregnant, but it could be worms. If pregnant you'll have to decide if you want her to have the kittens and then deal with the expense of caring for them (including spay/neutering) for 10-12 weeks.

If you let her have them, the kittens will be healthier and more socially adjusted/behavior if not taken away from mom/siblings till 10-12 weeks MINIMUM.
He's in the UK. The vet's here won't spay until around 6 months.

Having kittens is an expensive job. When they are around a week or two old, have them wormed for roundworm. The vet should be able to tell you how far along she is hopefully. It's also a good idea to treat the mum for fleas as soon as they are born, and your other cats, as fleas and kittens can be a deadly mix. Make sure your male cats can't get to her when they are born either, and make sure she doesn't get out. It's best to keep her to one room if you can that is kitten-proofed.

As for signs that she is pregnant..... you may see a lot of moment when she is lying still on her side. I remember when Ziggy was at that stage (about 12 days before delivery) it was mad. Search YouTube for videos of that, it'll give you a good idea of what it looks like. Also the nipples will get quite big and pink. Basically if you can see them easily, then she probably is preggers.
Keep us updated.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick question for the OP...Is her nipples more obvious and pinker? If they are, then pregnancy is in the cards. From your pictures, I don't see any nipples protruding so I suspect she ISN'T pregnant, just large.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks preggers to me but I cant see the nipples or the balding around them, so.... GET BETTER PICS! lol

leedsboi86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll wait til shes finished havin her playful hour with Gizmo then I will get a picture of her nippys.....
lol wow that sounded wrong on many levels haha

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool I keep watching! From what I can see though she does look a litter rounder in the center.... hehe