weaving assistant

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's just about the cutest pic I've seen! and she is doing what she considers her duty -- guarding the good stuff!

btw, I love your quote. Is it original?

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at that darling girl peeking out. Your hubby is very talented too, great craftsmanship.
I would love to see some of your woven projects, I bet they are wonderful.

ETA: just visited your homepage..beautiful!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Perfect spot to keep you company. How do you like your loom?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
Originally Posted by katachtig

Perfect spot to keep you company. How do you like your loom?
thanks for asking. it's a direct tie up counterbalance loom 22 inches wide so I am going to experiment soon with double width weaving. My first few projects were laughably bad but I finally figured out what I was doing and have turned out too fantastic shawls and a great lap blanket. One shawl is black with tone on tone texture differences. the other is white with bulky and thin yarns and some mohair.

tomorrow I am dressing it with black warp threads to make a red and black scarf for a girlfriend.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how you can have cats and a loom in the same room, but bless you that's a cute little helper you have there...if I had a loom, Stanley would have strung himself up within minutes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
Originally Posted by JellyBella

I don't know how you can have cats and a loom in the same room, but bless you that's a cute little helper you have there...if I had a loom, Stanley would have strung himself up within minutes
abi is an exceptioanlly well behaved little sweetie. when the heddles ( the metal wires that hold the threads) are being removed or added she tries to steal them and she likes to tear the edges of the brown paper that goes between the warped threads wound on the beam, but generally she stays away from things and never plays with the strings.

she does like watching me throw the shuttle back and forth but seems to know the difference between play time and now you just can watch time too.

ever since she wa tiny spent the day with me in my studio and has learned to stay out of the stuff there too. she knows that it's good behavior or banishment and she would rather be near me and calm than locked out of a room. she is definitely my shadow. It's just her temperament and being an only cat in a childless house with predictable mostly calm adults.