OH MY! I Just Spilled Chocolate Milk on My Laptop!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just shoot me now......it feels like another Monday! I was sitting in the student lounge at waiting for class to start and then I tipped over my milk, it ran down my screen and lucky for me I was a quick thinker and flipped my laptop on it's side. Most of the milk stayed on the screen, but some got into the keys
. It seems as though my laptop should be fine, but what's it going to smell like a week from now

Oh and the best part, for some reason colleges aren't supplying paper towels, tell me how were are supposed to clean up our own messes!!!! Toliet paper doesn't work that great!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I was just thinking I probably need some vibes for that.....without this laptop it's no more cat site for me

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

i know this is really random, but you have a really cute horse!
Thanks!!!! I love her!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope you laptop will be okay. The milk smell may not be pleasant, but it's the sugar in it that you need to worry about. It will cause the contacts not to work right, either they will be in contact all the time or working inconsistently, so keep an eye out for that.
Water and unsweetened tea or coffee aren't as bad, they just dry out, but sugar things, soda, etc. are bad news. Take it from one who's done that at home and worse, at work.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

I hope you laptop will be okay. The milk smell may not be pleasant, but it's the sugar in it that you need to worry about. It will cause the contacts not to work right, either they will be in contact all the time or working inconsistently, so keep an eye out for that.
Water and unsweetened tea or coffee aren't as bad, they just dry out, but sugar things, soda, etc. are bad news. Take it from one who's done that at home and worse, at work.
Worse at work!!!!
Oopsy!

Yeah, I'm hoping that it will all work out ok..... I think I flipped it over fast enough, but I suppose we will see. It's still working good *knock on wood*. I'll remember to only drink water around my laptop from now on!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your laptop will be OK. It sounds like it will.

I can tell you from experience that a venti mocha latte in a laptop is REALLY bad news. A couple years ago I was at a meeting and I had a latte sitting next to my laptop at the table. I stepped away, and while I was gone one of my members spilled the whole thing into the keyboard of the laptop, and didn't tell me about it. I came back to find that the laptop was completely shot.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your story is the exact reason why I have insurance on my laptop. No fears of ruining my favorite Christmas gift (oh the fact that it is worth more than my car makes me alittle overprotective).

Leslie

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jack31

Your story is the exact reason why I have insurance on my laptop. No fears of ruining my favorite Christmas gift (oh the fact that it is worth more than my car makes me alittle overprotective).

Leslie
I know how you feel about it being worth more than your car!!! My last car wasn't worth a whole lot and many of my really nice things were worth more....it made me said
I need insurance on everything I have. How much is laptop insurance?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just before i went to australia i accidently spilled sprite on my keyboard and i was typing like this...

h0w are y0u t0day?

Bf got pretty annoyed and ended up buying a new keyboard to plug in, and then he was really fed up with my laptop that he went and bought a whole new computer like he said he would
.... so much for saving!

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The laptop insurance is part of our renters insurance (at my parents it was part of homeowners insurance) but I think it is like an additional $12 a year (not a month, a year) Totally worth it!

Leslie

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Just before i went to australia i accidently spilled sprite on my keyboard and i was typing like this...

h0w are y0u t0day?

Yeah, one of my keys are sticking.... ------------------------

But it seems to work ok, it's just a little tough. The fisrt time I push it. Who knows......maybe it will go away.

------, it's working better now ?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jack31

The laptop insurance is part of our renters insurance (at my parents it was part of homeowners insurance) but I think it is like an additional $12 a year (not a month, a year) Totally worth it!

Leslie
Oh my goodness!!!!! I need to check that out! That's pocket change compaired to a new laptop!