Charlie may have UTI - please give vibes

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie is having a problem right now (Tues evening). He's not peeing and may be blocked or UTI. DH will take him to the vet first thing in the morning (there is no real emergency vet close by). Need healing vibes tonite for him.

Also I'm taking up all water so he doesn't drink any more and make it worse. DH isn't sure if I should do this.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BIG ... if you take up the water make sure to offer extra wet food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I'll keep the water down. I figured that extra water might make him want to go more and if he can't go, he'll feel worse.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Calming, loving, healing vibes for sweet Charlie; and good on ya for getting him in first thing tomorrow. Keep us posted; and yes, I'd think he wouldn't need more water right now if he's blocked. Imagine how that would feel!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie did have a bladder infection - he has some medicine to take. But his diet has to change. He has to be on RC - Urinary food now for the rest of his life or risk being blocked again.

I can let Ling eat the same food, so no problems in feeding. We are checking on if there is a canned food from RC to add to the dry.

Would shelters accept open bags of food? I have the dry food opened and mixed (RC and Natural Balance). Also have some cans of food unopened. If shelters won't take it, will find someone at work to take it

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Charlie did have a bladder infection - he has some medicine to take. But his diet has to change. He has to be on RC - Urinary food now for the rest of his life or risk being blocked again.

I can let Ling eat the same food, so no problems in feeding. We are checking on if there is a canned food from RC to add to the dry.

Would shelters accept open bags of food? I have the dry food opened and mixed (RC and Natural Balance). Also have some cans of food unopened. If shelters won't take it, will find someone at work to take it
i beleive it is a pouch...

Just FYI have him tested in a few month s to see if PH and all is back to normal ... were crystals present ??

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think so, will have to check with DH when I get home - only had a brief conversation when he came home to be sure everything was ok. Pouch food would be great.

The vet assistant will check with her RC distrubitor and see if they carry a canned/moist food too.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that Charlie is ok! Poor guy.

Hopefully he is feeling better by now, the meds kick in pretty quickly.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor boy! But I'm glad to hear that he's been to the vet and you know what it is. Also good job you are attentive enough to notice when he wasn't peeing.

Good luck with finding the wet food you need in addition to the dry.