I need a grip

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason I've been thinking about the day when Popsie won't be around. It's so silly because he's in great health except for the constipation thing. Last night in bed I bawled for like 40 minutes because I couldn't stop thinking about it. I need to get a grip or something.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I'm actually glad you posted this. Ever since Wally had an ER visit back in January (which thankfully turned out to be nothing major, just an uncomfortable reaction to some new food), I've been going through a similar experience. I'll get in these moods where, like you, I picture how I'd deal with his passing, what would happen, even though he's perfectly healthy...it's kinda like pre-emptive grieving. Dont' feel silly, or at least don't feel alone, because I'm the same way!
I hope Popsie is okay!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whuckleberry

I hope Popsie is okay!
He's fine. I think I'm just worried because he keeps getting constipated all the time.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

He's fine. I think I'm just worried because he keeps getting constipated all the time.
Sadie had a bout of constipation and, believe it or not, but it was raw, fresh green beans that helped her.

Now, repeat after me...Popsie is OK, Popsie is OK

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should let yourself feel whatever is on your mind.

I had a dream last night that Mattie died and I have been in an awful mood all day because of it. I even woke up with tears. She is really young and healthy but that doesn't keep me from thinking about it.

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont think it is anything bad, quite the opposite. It shows your love for your pet, and that you do care if anything happened. What I call a reality check

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been the same since Jasmine died. I constantly cuddle and play with, and remind Charlie that i love him and am so grateful he is in my life. I've been more wary of his health, making sure there are no lumps or marks or anything and always checking up on him when he's in his enclosure, as he likes to stay out there a long time. Especially since following Ziggys story (Yunas kitty) i've been checking his eyes too.

It is normal. But i think after a health scare or losing another kitty you get more protective.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get this way, too - especially since Geronimo & Winchester were "diagnosed" with the FIP..
Everytime they have one of their attacks, I start bawling, and wonder if THIS is gonna be the time they don't make it.
Before Winchester was put on the Interferon, he was having several attacks a day, and everytime it happened, I'd break down and pray to God, "Please help him! He's still just a baby!!" Sometimes I'll have horrible nightmares in which either they or one of my other furbabies dies, and I wake up in a sweat and bawling..

You just love your furbaby - that's all.
There's nothing wrong with being concerned for them, and loving them..

~KK~

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I lost Kandie six months ago and it for me is still a "fresh wound" ... then I got the news that my dog has a disease that will shorten her life... I am living day by day NOT thinking about when but how I can keep her happy today