If this was my cat, I would have fainted!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the summer around here, it's not unusual for moose to be found enjoying someone's backyard swimming pool

My cats would have freaked though

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness! I'm glad that wasn't one of my kitties- i have a feeling Kojak would have thought the moose was a play toy and would have got himself eaten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

oh my goodness! I'm glad that wasn't one of my kitties- i have a feeling Kojak would have thought the moose was a play toy and would have got himself eaten
I could see that happening

We don't have moose around here, just lots and LOTS of whitetail deer! It would be so scarey to see a moose in your yard!!! I would call into work and say I couldn't come in "There's a moose out there!!!!"

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I would be scared if I saw that, though a very cool picture. Are Moose harmful? I don't really know anything about them

kittee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

I think I would be scared if I saw that, though a very cool picture. Are Moose harmful? I don't really know anything about them
Very harmful. One of the more dangerous animals out there. When I was living in AK, I walked a short distance to work (lived worked on a airstrip 300m north of arctic circle) and I was always warned to be on the look out for moose. Apparently they like to charge you and stomp you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kittee

Very harmful. One of the more dangerous animals out there. When I was living in AK, I walked a short distance to work (lived worked on a airstrip 300m north of arctic circle) and I was always warned to be on the look out for moose. Apparently they like to charge you and stomp you.
They are a very dangerous creature, very territorial. If you see one, don't pet it!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

They are a very dangerous creature, very territorial. If you see one, don't pet it!
I will keep that in mind...no petting moose! I never really had much knowledge on moose, that is more scary now after knowing that.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MY GOD

I would have freaked out....

I never thought I would have to be afraid of moose... another reason I can never move up north! You guys can keep your mooses!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elk are dangerous at certain times, but the biggest problem with moose is not only their size, but their quick tempers and poor eyesight, they also don't really have a lot of fear, so you're more likely to get close to a moose than you are a deer or elk.