My Cat, Aflie has gone missing :(!!!!!!!!

ocicatdude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to do any more, I last saw him yesterday morning on my way to work he was sitting happily in our back garden, he never ever goes far literally he only goes a few doors up max.

He ALWAYS comes indoors at lunch time and usually stays in unless he is crying to go out then we let him untill it gets dark, but he never even came in at lunch time, and we still have not seen or heard him, he is an Ocicat and when he meows it's very loud and unique - I just walked round the block calling his name and listening out for him but nothing.
I just hope he is okay, I really do. I dont know wether to be upset or have some hope he will return.

He is chipped, but nothing on his collar to say where he lives, although I brought one the other day I never put it on him but now I wish I did.

Its very unlike him, hes quite a shy cat around other people and I know if he is lost,locked in a shed or something he would not stop bawling out and we would hear him. But I cant even hear him, I dont know if he is dead or alive and thats the frustrating part.

What else can I do apart from hope he will return safely???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ocicatdude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: Hes stuck up a tree 4 doors away at about 30ft high. He wont come down and must have been up there all night, the women who lives there is going out in 30 minutes and we wont be able to get into the back garden. this is such a disaster. its dark and we cant hardly see, the tourch light conked out. looks like the fire brigade is our last resort.

ocicatdude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wll we dont know wha to do anymore, hes still up there. no one is replying to my thread
im so stressed out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry...I have no words to help you. If it were in my area, I would call the fire department.

Cats find it easy to climb, but don't understand that to get down they need to go backwards rather than head-first.

I wish you luck in finding some help to get your boy down!

ocicatdude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I'm very sorry...I have no words to help you. If it were in my area, I would call the fire department.

Cats find it easy to climb, but don't understand that to get down they need to go backwards rather than head-first.

I wish you luck in finding some help to get your boy down!
He is still stuck. Its been nearly 2 nights now. We rang the RSPCA and they told us they can't do anything untill its been 48 hours, nor can the fire brigade. This is so frustrating.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
this happened to a cat in Toronto, and the owner called the local TV station to get their assistance. The news crew called the fire department and they got the cat down quickly -- perhaps this might work for you.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Alfie, that's enough excitement -- get down off that tree right now! I know we're stubborn, Ocicats that is, so listen to your dad and come home now.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey there hey there~~

Oh my, tough situation, yes. I have been through this 2x and no more, please. I am praying your guy gets down safely, that said, try opening a can of tuna and try and catch his eye although so far up, not really possible. Talk to him in a CALM and positive voice. Do not leave tuna out overnight. Try and call every fire department and ask if they have a cat-tree person on reference. I had no idea fire depts in the U.S. have 'reference numbers' for their own emergencies and was very surprsied by what was in the fire dept's little black book! Call radio station and offer to pay-?

Please update. We are with you!!

P.S. My kitty girl came down after 7 nights.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Scream ran up the tree one night and my Spook led me to the tree, he sat at the bottom and stared up the whole time, I drove down there and thought, why is he sitting there not moving and what is he staring at, after i turned around and was headed back up the driveway I took the spotlight and shined it up the tree and there was Scream, just a Screamin' so in a calm
voice, I told her, you are going to have to come down the way you went up.
she was listening but started down head first, and got scared and stopped, i told her no no , come back down the way you went up, over and over,well here she came slowly but surely! I talked to her the entire time. and her talking back! Then about a wk later she dissappeared into thin air and I have never seen her again!
Gosh I still miss her so much! and now my GiGi
is gone too! it's been a month and tonight is a month and a wk. I'm crushed!
hope your baby is fine!
Monique

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think you should try to find a tree pruner. It may cost you a lot of money to hire someone like that but it's worth it in the long run. A tree cutter will obviously have the equipment to reach the top of the tree. Many years ago, fire departments would respond to such calls. However, they stopped doing so because I guess it wasn't a high priority for them.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look in yellow pages and call a tree surgeon - they have the gear to get up there and may well be able to help out... good luck!

ocicatdude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

Did you get Alfie down yet?
YES! Literally 15 minutes ago, I was round there calling him etc and the neighbour came out and asked me if I wanted a ladder But I said the tree is too weak and there is no where to put it, but he got it anyway.. And about 10-15 foot under alfie was a flat roof, so we put the ladder near to alfie and eventually after about 10 minutes he started to come down the ladder and got about half wey and jumped onto the roof!!
im so pleased and relived hes okay!

He had THE BIGGEST wee ever when he got down, so he could not have been going to the toilet up there! Hes just gulped down some food and had some water and now hes asleep on his bed like nothing ever happened.

Thanks for the support, he will not be going out any more I can assure you, cant handle that again! lol

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WOO HOO, Alfie's home
I also think it's a good idea for Alfie to stay indoors from here on in. Those darn Ocicats are way too curious and stubborn for their own good! So glad he's home.

poopie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know if you have an animal control but we have one out of our police department. I called them for a porcupine in the tree next door and they came. I hope your kitty returns soon.