My beautiful Calicos

crazycalicos5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I may be partial about my five month old babies, but i really think they are the most beautiful calicos and I got really lucky.The people at the shelter also couldnt believe how gorgeous they were. I have looked at pictures of other calicos and they just dont compare to how beautiful mine are. Even my manly man boyfriend agrees with me. They are also the most loving little things in the world and love to cuddle up on my chest. I know this is kinda crazy, but are there any agencies out there for modeling kittens/cats? I think my two would have a great career!! Or is this just mean to do to my kitties? I did have one cat before these two who I adored but wasn't the "model" material. These guys have it!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to see some photos of your beauties.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my Blossom is a very pretty puss. The vet called her a torty, the vet nurse said dilute torty. She has white feet & bib so I've heard a calico is a torty with white. With all these colors mixed together it makes for a very pretty kitty. Not your typical calico tri-color.
Have to see pics of your kitties to make a comparison.

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

I think my Blossom is a very pretty puss. The vet called her a torty, the vet nurse said dilute torty. She has white feet & bib so I've heard a calico is a torty with white. With all these colors mixed together it makes for a very pretty kitty. Not your typical calico tri-color.
Have to see pics of your kitties to make a comparison.
Maybe one day I will submit pictures.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say you are biased
Jasmine was the most beautiful, bright and crazy kitten we ever had and i thought she was prettier than any other cat i'd seen. I still think she is when i look back on her pictures. Everyones cats are beautiful IMO

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazycalicos5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will have to borrow my moms camera to take pictures..will post as soon as I get a good one!

mowwuck

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Every mum/dad thinks their children are the most beautiful.

There is no such thing as a more beautiful cat-they are all beautiful,it must be in their genetics.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As markings go, I am partial to pure torties - I like that "brindled" look in black and red... but really I love 'em all!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we're all biased...IMO my Tucker and Peep are the handsomest kitties around, but plenty would disagree with me to say their own are!
I'd love to see pictures of your calicos soon, though, I'm sure they're stunning.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats do love to pose. If yours are that type, go for it!--it's certainly not mean if they like it. Any cat can be beautiful, with a good photographer; and the contrast in colors with a calico does present possibilities. I'll admit I've always been partial to tabbies, and think it's very silly that people think tabbies are "plain" when they have the most finely detailed coats of any cat type! But then, that's probably because my two are both tabbies.
You do always think your own are the prettiest!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we all love and think all of our cats are gorgeous. When we got Jazz 3 months ago we were told that he was the shelters "poster child". They weren't kidding. They had a professional photo of him hanging in the front room. As you can tell in my signature, Jazz does love to pose and he takes a great photo.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once had a lady from Science Diet come look at my RB kitty, Leo. He was a HUGE, 22 lbs, red tabby dsh and just gorgeous. He was unfortunately very skittish and acted like we were there to hurt him. He went crazy andy bit both of us. He was normally a very sweet boy, but he just did not like this lady. Needless to say, he did not get the job. They were looking to replace the one that had been on their bag for years because he was getting too old and had become ill.
My friend that worked for a rescue in Kansas City knew this lady and had seen Leo and thought he would be perfect. The lady just oohhed and aahhed all over him. If he had acted right, he could have gotten work all over. Hallmark uses some of the same kitties as the cat food ads. Lazy little bugger, did not want to work.