Any PSP owners??

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My aunt lives in a very remote area so has asked me to get 2 Play Station Portables for her 2 kids for christmas and a bunch of games. She's not really sure what's involved and neither am I.

There's a pack that comes with the Daxter game, Family Guy episodes to watch and a 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo thingy. Is 1GB enough? Should I get a bigger one for them?

Also what games are good? The Daxter one looks good which is why I'm getting that pack. The kids are about 8 and 10. I also got Sims Pets (they love animals), and a Sonic the Hedgehog game which is a gamesharing one. I assume the GameSharing ones are ones where you have 1 game between 2 consoles and play each other, and the WiFi ones are where you need a game and console each and can play against each other?

Any other accessories that are good to get? Once they go back home they won't be able to get any more stuff unless I send it, so want to get it all now.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
err, they are to young for the psp, they will be broken in couple of months.if not sooner. the PSP breaks very easy. Unless your aunt can burn money without thinking it over

As for games, hmm i cant think of anything for kids that age for the psp.
but they make a hard shell case that you should get

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148331

Here's a thread that I started a week or so ago regarding PSPs. I just got John one for Christmas & I got him the pack your talking about that has the game, Family Guy game & memory card, its the white one.

They do seem a little young for a PSP though. But, then again it depends on their maturity level too. The package your tlaking about runs at $200.00. Thats a lot of money to spend on them if they are careless.

There are cords & things you can get to connect them & play games together( I do believe) I bought John's at Best Buy & they were really helpful showing me what was the best & cheapest route to go with. They also have a 2 year warranty you can buy for about $25 that will cover anything that goes wrong with it. Even if it stops reading games or anything else.

If they are serious about getting them one, I would reccomend the hardshell case, in case of accidental drops

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are really good kids - not too rough or silly. I think they'll take pretty good care of the systems. I will get the hard shell case though, thanks for that tip.

And my aunt can definitely afford it, they get paid well to live so remotely... They like to get the kids cool stuff to make up for living where they are (without spoiling them too much).

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

They are really good kids - not too rough or silly. I think they'll take pretty good care of the systems. I will get the hard shell case though, thanks for that tip.

And my aunt can definitely afford it, they get paid well to live so remotely... They like to get the kids cool stuff to make up for living where they are (without spoiling them too much).
Thats great! I know they'll enjoy them then!
I gave John his early & he's loving it! My little cousin who is 13 has one & adores it. I would ask the associate at the store what games & things would be best for their age ranges. I think the 2 year warranty would be good for them though, just in case something happens!
It never hurts to get them some movies to go with it too. If you shop clearance aisles, you should be able to find them pretty cheap. I was at WalMart the other day & found games for only $10! The new ones start out at like $50. I like to buy them cheap

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in that case, really suggest or show her the DS?
there are alot more stuff for the kids that age.(or even for us adults)
I have both. i would think they would get more use out of the DS.

just my 2 cents

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats great! I know they'll enjoy them then!
I gave John his early & he's loving it! My little cousin who is 13 has one & adores it. I would ask the associate at the store what games & things would be best for their age ranges. I think the 2 year warranty would be good for them though, just in case something happens!
It never hurts to get them some movies to go with it too. If you shop clearance aisles, you should be able to find them pretty cheap. I was at WalMart the other day & found games for only $10! The new ones start out at like $50. I like to buy them cheap
Great, thanks so much!!! The games I bought so far were $40 (which is a gamesharing one), and $20. I'll look for ones on special though!

Originally Posted by theimp98

in that case, really suggest or show her the DS?
there are alot more stuff for the kids that age.(or even for us adults)
I have both. i would think they would get more use out of the DS.

just my 2 cents
Unfortunately I've already bought a couple of games!