6 month old kitten is a beast!

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

omg i cant believe it i got a kitten this fall hes so huge now! hes bigger then the other cats who are adults! hes about 6 months old and hes a mutant, and his fragile muscles are turning more and more solid, what happened to my delicate baby

will he still get much bigger? I LOVE IT! LOL i love big cats

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

i love big cats
I agree. One thing I looked for when finding a cat was overall size. Junior is now 9-10 months old, weighs around 12 pounds, is a good 4-5 inches across the chest when standing, and is close to 15 inches long from his neck to his butt.

Mez

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
he doesnt have a breed hes a moggy :p orange/buff tabby, i hope he gets huge! HEhEHE

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

he doesnt have a breed hes a moggy :p orange/buff tabby, i hope he gets huge! HEhEHE
I'm so glad you love your little man! My Sasha (RIP
) was a normal, small kitten and then -shazam- at 1 year he was 12 lbs and at 2 years he was 15 lbs and by 3 years he was 21 lbs. He was solid as a rock, all muscle....but as he aged that wasn't so good. I'm glad we moved to a house with stairs by the time he was 10 or I would have lost him. He trimmed down to a svelte 16 lbs and was active and happy. Bigger is not always better with the boy cats!

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
when do they usually get the tom cat muscles?

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow...
Berach is only 4 months now and is already weighing in at 7.9 lbs
not chubby either, he's almost as big as my 3 yo now!

heh he... love it

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adding to the big kitten list- Cosmo turned 8 months last week and now weighs 11 pounds! What a moose - and he has know idea what to do with his big body! I think that he still thinks he is little...LOL!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what do you mean by tomcat muscles?

we adopted Miagi at 9 months and now he is huge at 15 lbs.
we adopted Tiger at 3 years and he isn't the biggest cat ever, hehe.

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
had my six month old cat weighed today at exactly 9 pounds! shocking cause hes got NO fat on him at all

karebearcasey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my max is the same way, he's a short hair orange tabby. at four months old he weighed the normalish 4.5 pounds. he is now six months old and he is HUGE! he looks practically like a full grown cat! we always noticed his paws were huge, but didn't know if cats were like dogs and you could judge future size by paws. i swear that max has at least tripled in size in two months!

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when do they usually get the tom cat muscles?

I think she means what age do they go from scrawny kitten, to start developing into a mature male with large muscles and wide face.

In other words what age does a kitten like this

Start to look like this

piccadilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor Bingley was starving when he found me last January. When I took him to the vet in April, he was at 11 lbs and I was THRILLED! He doesn't look to me like he has gotten much bigger, he seems pretty lean, but he is healthy and I keep hoping he'll bulk up a bit more.

Pippin is a whole other story! Having had a proper upbringing in his foster home from 3 weeks of age until I got him at 4 months he was a very healthy size. When I took him to the vet the first time (at age 4 months) he was already 7 lbs and the whole office was amazed at his size. There was another kitten there of about the same age and Pippin was close to 3x his size! LOL! He is quickly gaining on Bingley and I'm pretty sure he'll shortly outgrow him.

flutterby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got my boy when he was about 8 weeks and 2lbs... He's 5 months old and 12-13lbs!! He's already as long and tall as my bfs adult cats....

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
flutterby what kind of cat do u have

Kieth is that your cat wow hes very pretty

flutterby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hes just a regular old barn kitten... The neighbors boyfriend got him from a farm...