I Need Your Help, Peeps!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't know what to do!

I want so badly to adopt Indigo (aka "Stubby"), one of our strays, and Indigo wants to come in so badly and become a part of the family. It's becoming more difficult all the time to say no to her when she tries sneaking in, and it breaks my heart everytime I pick her up to give her some lovin', and then having to put her back outside.

But b/c of Geronimo & Winchester's FIP, I'm terrified to take a chance of them getting infected w/ some kind of disease from Indigo, if I give in and let her in.
I know I'd never be able to forgive myself if either Geronimo or Winchester got sick..

I'm at a loss.
What would y'all do if you were in my shoes: take a chance of letting Indigo in, or wait until the money is available so we can take her in to the vet to be tested, before letting her in??

I really don't know what to do..

~KK~

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I really don't know what to do!

I want so badly to adopt Indigo (aka "Stubby"), one of our strays, and Indigo wants to come in so badly and become a part of the family. It's becoming more difficult all the time to say no to her when she tries sneaking in, and it breaks my heart everytime I pick her up to give her some lovin', and then having to put her back outside.

But b/c of Geronimo & Winchester's FIP, I'm terrified to take a chance of them getting infected w/ some kind of disease from Indigo, if I give in and let her in.
I know I'd never be able to forgive myself if either Geronimo or Winchester got sick..

I'm at a loss.
What would y'all do if you were in my shoes: take a chance of letting Indigo in, or wait until the money is available so we can take her in to the vet to be tested, before letting her in??

I really don't know what to do..

~KK~
That is a hard decision to make. I completely understand your empathy for Indigo, but also your concerned for your other cats.

Ask yourself

Are your cats shots up to date?
Can you call your vets office and inquire to what the dangers might be?
Is she suited for indoors, just because she wants in doesn't mean she will
be happy staying in.
Do I have the time and resources to take care of her?

In the end you have to do what's best for the cats you are already responsible for first..

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi KK.

How long do you think you suppose to wait until the money would be available? If it's not too long I'd suggest to wait that time...

Take care of yourself and everyone else there

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

That is a hard decision to make. I completely understand your empathy for Indigo, but also your concerned for your other cats.

Ask yourself

Are your cats shots up to date?
Not anymore they're not.
They were, but b/c we're hurting financially right now (I'm not working anymore, due to a back disability) we're behind and trying to play "catch-up". And I'm also hesitant to get my FIP cats their shots, b/c it seems to me that injecting them w/ a virus will defeat the purpose: they're on Interferon now, to help keep them in remission. In their case, I don't think the shots will help, but instead actually hurt them.

Can you call your vets office and inquire to what the dangers might be?
Yes, I could. I'm sure he'd give me some straight answers.

Is she suited for indoors, just because she wants in doesn't mean she will
be happy staying in.
I think she used to be an indoor cat, and her former "family" just put her out in the streets.
I don't see any problems occurring if she came in: a couple of times she snuck in right past me, and seemed to make herself at home. And she lets me hold her, and just loves the attention..

Do I have the time and resources to take care of her?
The time, yes - the resources (i.e. money wise), no.

In the end you have to do what's best for the cats you are already responsible for first..
That's mainly the reason why I haven't done it yet (besides not having the finances). Our indoor furbabies come first, and we have the FIP cats to worry about..

Thanks for your input & advice, Tierre.
I do appreciate it!

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arie85

Hi KK.

How long do you think you suppose to wait until the money would be available? If it's not too long I'd suggest to wait that time...

Take care of yourself and everyone else there
I really don't know.
It seems like everytime we get ahead a little, something comes along and sets us back.
The times we were able to save a few extra $$'s, we ended up having to use it for an emergency...

Thanks for your concern, Arie85.

~KK~