Update on my Daughter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It appears as if she will be having Open Heart Surgery within the next week
They couldn't do anything this morning he said the blockage is to bad.They are doing some kind of test called MUGA that can see the blood going through the arteries, not sure exactly when yet.
I know they can do so many things now a days I am just very worried about her she is scared to death. Knowing that she isn't a real healthy person doesn't help matters. So keep those vibes coming and Thanks so much

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! Sending tons of out for your daughter. All I can do is hopefully offer some encouragement. Open heart is very sucessful these days. I worked in an open heart intensive care for many years and it was always wonderful to see really sick people that left feeling better then they had for sometimes years. Stay strong!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter
I'll keep her in my thoughts.

A MUGA scan is like an echo of the heart. They inject you with radioactive dye and you lay on a table with the scanner in position while they take moving pictures of your heart. It's used to access the function of the ventricles, which are the 2 chambers responsible for pumping the blood. I had one a few months ago.

If your daughter needs bypass surgery due to clogged arteries, that does not require cutting the heart open so it's not considered "open heart" surgery. If they have to cut into the heart to replace a valve or repair a hole then that is "open heart" surgery.

I have worked lots in the cardiovascular surgical area and have sent and recovered many people from both bypass and/or valve replacement surgeries. It's scary to see your loved ones connected to all kinds of machines for the first day but you would be very surprised at how fast they recover. From surgery to discharge is 5 to 7 days unless there are complications.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that.
I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers.
Sending lots of vibes too.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending many many many prayers and vibes for your daughter Lois. And many hugs to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter
I'll keep her in my thoughts.

A MUGA scan is like an echo of the heart. They inject you with radioactive dye and you lay on a table with the scanner in position while they take moving pictures of your heart. It's used to access the function of the ventricles, which are the 2 chambers responsible for pumping the blood. I had one a few months ago.

If your daughter needs bypass surgery due to clogged arteries, that does not require cutting the heart open so it's not considered "open heart" surgery. If they have to cut into the heart to replace a valve or repair a hole then that is "open heart" surgery.

I have worked lots in the cardiovascular surgical area and have sent and recovered many people from both bypass and/or valve replacement surgeries. It's scary to see your loved ones connected to all kinds of machines for the first day but you would be very surprised at how fast they recover. From surgery to discharge is 5 to 7 days unless there are complications.
I was wrong on that test anyway
Its a petscan The Primary Care and Heart Dr are going to go and talk to her this afternoon after they decide what options are best so I didn't know there were many so thanks for that Information, He did tell her there's allot of blockage and some damage, I told her to have him call me if he would, I think the person doesn't get or hear all the information when its there selves really. So I will wait and hope for better information ...Thanks Again

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter.
But keep in mind that with today's medical technology, they can perform miracles..

Many blessings & vibes are being sent your way..

~KK~