Litter robot is amazing !

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My god in heaven, if you've been postponing or waiting, get one now !

This thing is a godsend... I use World's Best Cat Litter with some Arm & Hammer in it, its works wonder with it. 0 odor, very little tracking if any, and the thing works so well it's unbelievable (and it's easy enough to transport that I bring it over when I visit parents or so for a few days).

Kiara and Sarabi are just 700 and 900g, yet they trigger the sensor (not all the time, which is why I unplug it when I'm not there or at night) and it's just the best gadget ever. Both started using it right away at 11 weeks old, they don't mind it all all. Plus, it's so cool to see the thing work and have fresh clean litter once its cycle is over

I'm telling you, if I had to choose between this, the cat tree, the fountain or the Bistro food dispenser, I get this toy in a heartbeat without ANY hesitation!

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerLord

This thing is a godsend... I use World's Best Cat Litter with some Arm & Hammer in it, its works wonder with it. 0 odor, very little tracking if any, and the thing works so well it's unbelievable (and it's easy enough to transport that I bring it over when I visit parents or so for a few days).

Kiara and Sarabi are just 700 and 900g, yet they trigger the sensor (not all the time, which is why I unplug it when I'm not there or at night) and it's just the best gadget ever. Both started using it right away at 11 weeks old, they don't mind it all all. Plus, it's so cool to see the thing work and have fresh clean litter once its cycle is over

I'm telling you, if I had to choose between this, the cat tree, the fountain or the Bistro food dispenser, I get this toy in a heartbeat without ANY hesitation!
I don't know if this is available near me.

catsareok

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow you would pay 350 bucks for this I would rather keep the box clean myself, way too much money, neat looking though

shivvy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
haha, thats what I was going to say, maybe change the name of the thread to, Litter Robot is....400 dollars!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's her own choice what to spend her money on. It's no different than spending $400 on a purse or pair of shoes.

Thanks for the review.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wth made you think I was a woman? These forums DO have a men presence !

jericho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can order it from Amazon, I think it comes to something like $310 shipped. So not this $400 stuff. Still expensive, but it does work well. Not only is it easy and covenient, but it should help save litter. You pay for it upfront, but you can save money and time in the long-run.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerLord

Great review!
I was wondering how they work- i had heard positive things about them before,but thought they were a bit pricy. I may just decide to invest in one down the road if i get some extra money!
We are planning to start a family soon....and scooping litter is a nono (and Colin won't do it
) so i think it might be a wonderful option for us down the road!

Was it pretty easy to set up? What about litter, can you use any kind with it? Did your kitties take to it pretty easily or did it scare them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I admit it is pricey, but it really does work.

Basically, the globe rotates and as it rotates the litter follows the rotation. Then it means a grill which lets unclumped litter through. The clumped litter doesn't go through and keeps rotating with the globe. Then when the globe did a full 180 degrees turn 2 small doors open automatically at the bottom of the unit and lets the clumped litter fall in a reservoir bag. Then it rotates back and the litter that had gone through the grill falls back into place.

There's a demonstration on their website (flash animation):
http://www.litter-robot.com/litter-r...nstration.aspx

It's as easy as they show it. The setup takes 2 minutes: you get the base and the globe separated, and all you have to do is place the globe on the base (no screwing or anything required) and plug it in.

As far as litters are concerned, any clumping litter will do. I use WCBL because it's organic and flushable, and it works wonderful.
If you have nervous cats though they might take a while to adjust. My kittens went to it the second they got in the apartment. The globe is relatively near their eating area (anothing nice thing about this, no smell at all, since poop fells in a close compartment, and the litter itself is in a globe) and even if it activates near them they don't even blink or jumps from the surprise.

It can be loud imho, I disconnect it at night and plug it back in the morning. Like I said nervous cats might take a while, maybe even not use it at all (happened to some tcs members here).

Hope this helps

werebear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sat down the other day and figured it out.

I've had it a little over three years this month. Add in its minimal electricity draw (we live in an old house and can't run the coffee maker & the microwave at the same time, but the Robot runs with either, no problem) and subtract the considerable litter savings (I use almost half the litter I used to) and break it out to $8.00 a month. So far.

Would you pay $8.00 a month to have the litter cleaned every time the cat uses it?

To change the litter by swapping out a bag, as easy as emptying the bathroom trash?

To have three cats use one litter box?

Well, I would.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When my father and I bought this house, we turned it into a duplex. Zane's box is in the basement. However, now that father has passed on, I'm getting ready to rent out his apartment, so will have to move Zane's box up to my apartment. (With tenants downstairs I don't want to leave my apartment open during the day.) This sounds like a good solution.