Another wet food ?

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When we got Jack Sparrow last week I had to buy some wet food because he is so young and having trouble chewing the dry food.
So every morning I give him and Raven a pouch of wet food (split among the 2). Now Raven really enjoys that and Meows for her breakfast every morning.
The food I bought I know was not the best. I stood at the store for quites some time reading ingredients and it seemed that they all said wheat glutton.
Can you recomend some grocery or walmart wet foods that are "good"? And exact flavors please!
Thank you.
Edited to add, canned or pouches, it does not matter. Thanks.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the only two "good" ones I can come up with off the top of my head found in Wal Mart are Natural Life & Meow Mix cups or pouches.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I think the only two "good" ones I can come up with off the top of my head found in Wal Mart are Natural Life & Meow Mix cups or pouches.
Thank you, I will keep that in mind. I know the benifits of wet food, I like the convinience of dry, and I think that I am going to continue to give them a wet breakfast.

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have another question and I thought I would post it in this thread (I do hope someone still see's it though).
I was reading this:http://www.catinfo.org/
and thinking about everything else that I know about why wet is better than dry food. It is really making me think about feeding Raven and Jack Sparrow an all wet diet (or at least a mostly wet diet). So I have a few more questions.
What is the cost. I currently am feeding mainly Nutro Natural Care Indoor Kitten food. It cost like 11.99 a bag (ouch). Lets say that one 4 pound bag lasts me 1 month. How does that compare to month of wet food, 2 meals a day?
2nd, if I put a can of catfood in the fridge do I need to warm it up before feeding it to them?
3rd, I have their dry food in a lebistro feeder (basically a gravity feeding system so I dump the bag in and the bowl is always full). I only have it in their because I wanted them to be used to that feeder if we go out of town for a few days, so they have food available. Would it be okay to keep that out even if I am feeding them wet meals 2 times a day?
and my last question is in your opinion, what is the "best" complete meal wet food? (please no raw diets, that is fine for those who want to do it, but I do not).
Thanks!

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
and yet another thing. I thought of a great idea. If only they made a super nutritious "gravy" for cats that you could add to the dry food of your choice every day when you fed them. That is what I would chose to do. Then you could have the convinience of dry and the benifits of wet all in one.
I think they make such a thing for dogs, ever hear of it for cats?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom2raven

and yet another thing. I thought of a great idea. If only they made a super nutritious "gravy" for cats that you could add to the dry food of your choice every day when you fed them. That is what I would chose to do. Then you could have the convinience of dry and the benifits of wet all in one.
I think they make such a thing for dogs, ever hear of it for cats?
If you feed a qualtiy dry .. which you do the good stuff is in it ... gravey i think is more for humans
... there are graveys for dry food but I have yet to find one I would serve and if it is needed you have the wrong food...

Best wet food ..lol.. is no such but are you wanting low grain.... low veggie ... no grain ... one meat source

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I think that for now I will just keep doing what I am doing, wet breakfasts and dry free feed (as long as no one gets "fluffy") and maybe add a wet dinner as well.