Wierd eating behavior.

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do any of your cats demand attention while they eat?

Trinity has always done this to me and I always assumed it was because I used to pet her while she ate when she first came home. I think I read somewhere that it was a good way to bond with a kitten because the mom would normally be there while they were eating. She will meow at me until I follow her to her bowl so I can pet her and she can eat. Nemo has started to pick up this habit lately too though. He is extremely affectionate and he used to just meow at me to make me get on the floor with him so he could prance around me in circles, now he has started to take me to the bowl. He also commonly waits for one of the other cats to start eating before he will eat. Then when they do come to eat, he headbutts and rubs on them (which annoys bentley, he usually gives Nemo a bop on the head for it, kinda like "alright, trying to eat here buddy")

Anyone else here have a cat with a wierd eating habit or is it just mine?

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CalicoPrincess

Do any of your cats demand attention while they eat?

Trinity has always done this to me and I always assumed it was because I used to pet her while she ate when she first came home. I think I read somewhere that it was a good way to bond with a kitten because the mom would normally be there while they were eating. She will meow at me until I follow her to her bowl so I can pet her and she can eat. Nemo has started to pick up this habit lately too though. He is extremely affectionate and he used to just meow at me to make me get on the floor with him so he could prance around me in circles, now he has started to take me to the bowl. He also commonly waits for one of the other cats to start eating before he will eat. Then when they do come to eat, he headbutts and rubs on them (which annoys bentley, he usually gives Nemo a bop on the head for it, kinda like "alright, trying to eat here buddy")

Anyone else here have a cat with a wierd eating habit or is it just mine?
It doesn't sound that weird to me. Your cat craves attention. It could be so much worse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Judi

It doesn't sound that weird to me. Your cat craves attention. It could be so much worse.
Oh I didn't mean at all that it was bad behavior. I wouldn't want to change it or anything, I was just wondering if anyone else has cats that want attention while they are eating.