Advice please?

maltacats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I'm new to this site but i'd really like some advise please.
I have a male persian a year and a half old. He was pining during the day so we got a kitten to keep him company. They get on great, only he eats all of her kitten food. We didn't think anything of it until he started getting blood in his stool.
I've been to the vet and he tells me its Colonitis from the change in food. I have pills for him but i cant get him to swallow them. I feel so sorry for my poor baby tho he doesn't seem to be in any pain.
Any advise please.. I'm so worried

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Maltacats

Hi I'm new to this site but i'd really like some advise please.
I have a male persian a year and a half old. He was pining during the day so we got a kitten to keep him company. They get on great, only he eats all of her kitten food. We didn't think anything of it until he started getting blood in his stool.
I've been to the vet and he tells me its Colonitis from the change in food. I have pills for him but i cant get him to swallow them. I feel so sorry for my poor baby tho he doesn't seem to be in any pain.
Any advise please.. I'm so worried
Get pill pockets. I have been told that they are very good.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Judi

Get pill pockets. I have been told that they are very good.
What's a pill pocket?

I always use a pill syringe to get the pills down: you can just purchase one from your vet. They work pretty well..

~KK~

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

What's a pill pocket?

I always use a pill syringe to get the pills down: you can just purchase one from your vet. They work pretty well..

~KK~
is a treat to the kitty. You put the pill inside. I saw them on sale at my Vet's office.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most pet stores carry pill pockets. They are a softish treat with a hole in the middle that you can insert the pill in and then close up the hole. Cats who like treats will normally just gobble these up. We had to give Bijou and Mika drontil tablets which I believe are pretty bitter. We broke each pill into 4 pieces, put one small piece in each pill pocket and they ate them up just fine.