Bitter Apple Spray for dogs

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I went to Petco they didn't have any Grannick's Bitter Apple for cats, but the did for dogs. The people there said it would be fine, but I do know some products affect animals differently. So, does anyone know for sure if the Bitter Apple for Dogs is safe to use for cats? I'd imagine that it probably is because of people who have both dogs and cats, but I want to make sure.

Tricia

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

When I went to Petco they didn't have any Grannick's Bitter Apple for cats, but the did for dogs. The people there said it would be fine, but I do know some products affect animals differently. So, does anyone know for sure if the Bitter Apple for Dogs is safe to use for cats? I'd imagine that it probably is because of people who have both dogs and cats, but I want to make sure.

Tricia
You sound very careful which is a good thing. I don't want to give you the wrong information. Why not give your Vet a call?

silverwinged

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
To be completely honest, same thing happened to me.
I bought the dog formula... And it seems the cat LIKES to lick it! Or he gets used to it very quickly and it doesn't bother him anymore.
I don't know whats up with that, but he couldn't STAND the cat formula.