Pixie the pregnant Torti

shemarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, thanks to help from this forum, found out I am the proud slave to a Torti.

Thanks to my Torti, I've found out that cats with green eyes sometimes end up with yellow eyes when photographed.

It took me two rooms, about an hour, and about 30 photos....but I finally managed to capture Pixie Witch's green eyes for all to admire.

Now just look at those eyes and tell me that "tortitude" is a figment of my imagination! Go ahead! I won't believe you, but you can go ahead and tell me! Despite knowing many many many different cats over the years - this little Pixie had me baffled, until I started researching "tortitude". Meanwhile, Pixie continues to swell up, and it's not from worms....so....looks like babies are indeed on the way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shemarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have to admit....I'm getting curiouser and curiouser about what the babies will look like myself. Especially since Pixie's keeping mum about the daddy....

jericho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shemarie

Have to admit....I'm getting curiouser and curiouser about what the babies will look like myself. Especially since Pixie's keeping mum about the daddy....
The two kittens I just adopted had a torti for a mom that looked very similar. The five kittens (who were all boys) were: one all black, one all grey, one all buff, and two orange tabbies, one swirled and one striped. A nice mixture.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gorgeous little tortie girl!
But you'll have to find someone else to tell you that tortitude is a figment of your imagination.
I don't know how many times I have seen that precise look.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a theory about torties' fur not being the only mixed-up thing about them--how their brains are affected too, as are the rest of their bodies, making them more erratic in emotion and behavior too. Kind of a more "dramatic" tendency than most cats.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in the other camp on the tortitude thing. I hear about it but with all the torties/calicos I've had and known, I have never seen it. Have seem something similar in cats of other colors though!

Hope Pixie has an easy pregnancy