New Discovery

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This past week, DH and I spent Thanksgiving with my sister/mom (back East). My mom had to be put in an assisted home cause of Alzheimer's and this may be the last Thanksgiving together.

Anyway we went out there to also help my sister clean my mom's house too. While there, I found a lot of things that were packed away long ago (including my Teddy Bear I had as a baby which is being shipped back to me
)

Both my sister and I were adopted as babies (we are not blood siblings). Our mom never told us much about who the birth parents were - just some general things. We found the court papers of legal name change (which mom never told us about). So I found out I was a Susan Marie when born; and my sister was Karen Lee.

The weird thing was the "schedule" that the foster parents had typed up to give to our mom after - it was sooo funny

DH is happy for me as my sister and I got to get back together. My ex isolated me from my family and I missed out on a heck of a lot of things. But we can start a new chapter now.

Just thought I'd share happy news. BTW I have NO desire to look into my biological parents like some adoptees - it was just interesting to know a little more.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What type of schedule did they have for you that was so funny?
That is neat you found so many important items and papers. Good for you!
If I were adopted I would have to look for my parents, I would have to know. That is interesting you have no desire to know the people. I guess I can understand that too.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful, i have three adopted children, I have every paper, every bit of info, My first was a closed adoption ( birth parents choice), my second is semi open exchange pictures, letters,( child protection issue) . my third is full open ( birth mother died), so her birth family has full access, she visited her Grandma, and has talked to her older sibs on the phone. I kept everything, so my children can decide to do what ever they want with the information,

cazlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Both my sister and I were adopted as babies (we are not blood siblings). Our mom never told us much about who the birth parents were - just some general things. We found the court papers of legal name change (which mom never told us about). So I found out I was a Susan Marie when born; and my sister was Karen Lee.
Wow, I was an Ann Marie, now a Carrie Lee. My adoptive parents have all the court docus and such as well, I read through them a few times over the years. My birth mother's name was Darby Kernan, my father's was Wayne Matthias.

I don't have alot of interest in meeting my birth parents anymore, either, though I did at one point, in my early teenage. What kind of killed it for me is when I spoke to the attorney, he had found out that my birthmother had 2 more children after me, and I was already the 2nd child by her 18th birthday, and I was the only one put up for adoption.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the schedule was something like:

6am - wake up and give a bottle

6:30am - feed 4 T of cereal, 2 T of vege, etc.

10am - get ready for bath - 15 mins of play time first

10:15am - give bath

1-2pm - nap time

2pm - lunch

and some other (can't remember all of it). I was put to bed at 6pm and apparently slept thru the night till 6am the next morning