Who's put up their Christmas decorations already?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
'fess up!

I used to have a rule: none before 12/1. However, since I've been home for 4 days, I decided to do some. (Others here have beaten me to it--the day after Thanksgiving, I saw an inflatable snowman on the neighbor's roof). I also have to do them earlier, as the in-laws are coming down for our "Christmas" early in December (I have a big dinner, etc.).

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will be December 12th for me. I always do it then. But I may leave the tree a little later as the Ziggy wrecked it last year (ok, my son didn't help
)

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We put our tree up yesterday and finished up today with most of the decorations. I used to always wait until at least Dec. but anymore the older I get the faster the holidays just fly by, so I like to get them up a little earlier so I can enjoy them longer because it seems to go by so quickly.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always put my stuff up the day after Tgiving, but I usually have it down before New Years.

Yesterday, I was bummed. I have to use those wreath magnets to hold my wreath. I found the PERFECT live wreath yesterday and it was heavy because it was all blue spruce. I went to hang it and the magnets couldn't hold the weight and I had to take it back to the nursery

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisalee

We put our tree up yesterday and finished up today with most of the decorations. I used to always wait until at least Dec. but anymore the older I get the faster the holidays just fly by, so I like to get them up a little earlier so I can enjoy them longer because it seems to go by so quickly.

My tree went up today. I used to wait but all of that work to be taking it down a couple of weeks later seemed ridiculous. A local radio station starts Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving, so I have Christmas music playing and I put up the decorations.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not putting any up I didn't last year either, its to hard and the cats will not leave it alone, and I refuse to have to yell at them they dont know any better anyway
And actually I didn't miss it at all last year because I didnt have to put it all away

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have had our lights up 2 weeks ago and just put our tree up today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We (means me actually) always put up our decorations the day after Thanksgiving. I'm almost done, but having issues with lights. I have this strand of lights with these pretty irridescent crystals on them but they wont work! Usually they go up around the living room on 2 walls, with a snowman strand on the third wall. I hang my stockings after that. So that's all that's not done yet. I'm probably gonna sneak out to Home Depot tomorrow to see if I can replace them. I love those lights though!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started to decorate the basement today. The main living room is on hold for another week or two. I think we are doing outside next weekend. I wish I could wiggle my nose and it would be done. I am very impatient.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got most of mine done today. I am anxious to see whether Pixie and Linus will leave then alone, this is the first Christmas with me for both of them so this should prove interesting....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always put everything up the day after Thanksgiving!
I have my tree up and decorated, the majority of the house decorated, and the wreath on the door.
All i have left to do is the outside decorations and i need to add a few more things to the house and i'll be done

perfectlitter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I didn't put up my decorations yet but I went out and got a tree yesterday. Looking to put everything up (outside - inside) next weekend.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the past several years, we have not put up any type of decorations. We were just not in the spirit. This year is a different story. We are in a new place. Even though we lost our house due to forclosure (it is being auctioned off Wednesday) and had to take our kitties to the shelter, we are much happier. The place we are in is a lot smaller, but much brighter and cheerful. We have lost a lot this year, but we have our health.

So this year we are going to get a tree. I already put a big red bow and 2 big silver bells on the screen door for a total cost of $1.98.

Things could have been much worse. We are warm, have clothes to wear, food to eat and a roof over our heads. So we do have much to be thankful for.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I was going to wait until the 1st of december, but i think i'll put them up on friday
My earlier post on this thread said 12th December, but after reading this I think I'm going to be abit late

Can I handle over a month of cats and decorations?