"Kitty Washroom Cabinet" Litter box cover

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I assume this is the right forum for this since people often ask about litter boxes here... move it if I'm wrong!

Ok, so I've seen this thing several times and have always thought it was cute, yet a little expensive... well the more I see it (just saw it in a catalog again yesterday) the more I like it and realize it would be great in my bedroom, where one of Oliver's boxes is, and would fit my bedroom decor (it's kind of a beachy theme and I have like white wooden window blinds) - I think Oliver's covered box would fit right inside it and possibly the air purifier I have on top of his box too - if not the purifier can go on that little shelf and I'd also be able to get my phone and wireless router off the floor and on this table... I'm thinking of seeing if my mom will go half or partial on it for "Oliver's birthday" (his bday is January 18th) since I now have a job and could afford it. So I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it/has it/has an opinion on it, etc... also, I've kinda shopped around online for it and I think the link I'm posting at the bottom of this message is the best price... I usually see it for $99.99 plus shipping... this link has it for $114 and free shipping... if anyone has seen it cheaper anywhere else, please let me know (of course I'm factoring in the shipping)! I didn't see it AT ALL on ebay... I don't plan on getting it like anytime real soon, so no rush.... ok, thanks y'all!

http://www.pawsupply.com/merryproductscatwashroom.html

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that is really good. Question... Why is there a large dog sitting in front of it in one of the pictures? Surely it can't fit in it?

I think, go for it. It looks nice too, and it may even reduce some of the smell since it is in your bedroom.

I don't think the price is too bad. That works out to be about £60 over here. Not alot when it could be a birthday or Christmas present for your kittie!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom agreed to go partial on it with me for his bday... I measured his covered box and I think it might be an inch or 2 too long... but I have an uncovered box that has like the clip on rim (to hold in the litter liners) at my ex's which I have to pick up with all my other stuff from him and that should work in it

The dog is pictured because it is also marketed as an enclosed pet bed... in other words: throw your pet's bed inside instead of the litter box... but the door opening is only 7"x8" so only smaller dogs would be able to fit...

idk when I'll actually be ordering it... gonna wait some to see if anyone else around here has seen/found it at a better price... I'm in no rush really (especially since I have no idea when I'll be going to the ex's to get my things, which includes the litter box and other Ollie things)

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw the same thing on a couple website and it is nice looking.

Valerie

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Ooo! That's nice! Does it come in extra tall for my Litter Robot? lol
Haha, looks like only one size... but I was kinda thinking it'd probably be pretty easy to custom build one to suit various needs... Since I'm now employed, I don't really have the free time to mess with that kind of thing now, so I'll probably just buy this one lol

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just got one of these this month, actually. I got one off Craigslist for $75, still new in the box. (The lady bought two, but only ended up setting up one of them and waited too long to return the extra.) I really like it! DH hated looking at the litter box sitting next to the toilet in our bathroom, so this has been a good compromise. The kitties have all used it, no problems there. This is the only one we could find that had the opening towards the front (rather than the side) which is the only way it would fit in the space we wanted it for. It also gave us some extra counter-type space in the bathroom to set stuff. Thumbs up from me!

ETA: The only caveat I have is that I had to buy a smaller litter pan to put in it because all the ones I had were too big. The pan size is big enough for all my kitties to use, but I definitely couldn't skip scooping it. Just FYI!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your review!

It'd be great to find on craigslist, but a long shot! I'll probably get it online somewhere... and I've already figured on getting a bit smaller litter box cuz his covered ones are like 2" too long I think... I've got one that might work, if not, they're cheap at walmart

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GREAT THANKS!

If that free shipping only lasts for so long, I may have to spring for this early haha... I'll look into it a little more this weekend... I need to get in bed soon here!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GerriJS

Buzz..Try this site, I just found it;

http://www.allpetfurniture.com/Merry...6-MRP1003.html

Free shipping too. I already know I will have to buy a smaller litter pan....the price we pay for fancy furniture for the cat, believe I'll line the inside walls for protection.
I just used this site to purchase it! I figured I'd better order now while the free shipping is offered and that's the best price I've seen by far... I had talked to my mom and we figure we can always just keep it in the box in the basement til we decide to set it up... I'm supposed to be going to the ex's either next weekend or the weekend after to get all my things, including the litter box that should fit inside this cabinet...

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I got it and assmebled it today (even though I'm sick as anything and feel like poop)... it looks great in my room and his non-covered litter box just fits inside it.... he hasn't gone in yet other than just sticking his head in - of course he doesnt have to "go" haha... hopefully he'll like it lol

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really is adorable... I love the extra shelf space I've gained with it too... finally got my wireless router and land line phone off the floor and I have stuck my extra tv remote and stereo remote on the little shelf so Ollie can't push them off the desk and break them anymore haha... he still hasn't gone in it - little bum has been out cold on my bed since I got it set up (this after he slept pretty much all day with me since I'm still home sick from work)... When I get a minute or two I'll take some pics... feeling pretty icky right now though - I'm crashed out on the couch with the laptop lol

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
You can find this item on sale with no shipping cost with PetCo website for $79.99 
http://www.petco.com/product/106159...hroom-Night-Stand-And-Pet-House-in-White.aspx

I too love this and its perfect for the home.

Hope this helps
Welcome to TCS, Mishka. :wavey: You should note that this thread is over 4 years old, and many of the people who posted before will probably not see your reply. We'd love to have you post in the New Cats on the Block forum so we can get to know you.