Worst ever Christmas Present?

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a thread asking what is the best present you've had, so I want to know the reverse.

I've has several really bad ones. Last year she bought me (bear in mind I am 21) some really old fashioned cups, with a floral pattern and a gold rim. She said it will look nice when I have done my kitchen. She had seen the plans and saw that it was really modern and that these would just not be coming out.

The year before, she bought us a Studio Lamp. You know the type that a photographer uses with the umbrella thing in a studio. Well this was a really small one, and she thought we'd actually use it as a table lamp, different colour lights and all!!

Tell me yours!!!

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Three years ago, my husband got me an emergency roaside kit for my car.
It had flares and everything, but I thought that gift REALLY SUCKED.

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Always got a cotton hankerchief from an Aunty when I was a child. Ughh!!
I thought thats what your sleeves were for

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like my MIL, and we get along well, but one year she gave me a black acrylic sweater with leopard print patches fake-sewn on the front. It was so awful, I didn't even want to touch the fabric!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister in law gave me an ironing board cover 2 yrs ago...and she knows I hardly ever iron!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My soon to be ex bought me a Lava Lamp one year

Last year he got me a battery charger.. Wasn't the worst gift but too practical if you ask me

Years ago my great uncle who was in his early 90's bought me a big gift basket full of anti-acne medications and face washes. It wouldn't have been so bad if I weren't 13 and really self concious about my acne

He said to me "This will clear up that face for ya"... I know he meant well, but it was really bad
Glad I can look back and laugh at it now

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

My soon to be ex bought me a Lava Lamp one year

Last year he got me a battery charger.. Wasn't the worst gift but too practical if you ask me
I've given my husband both of those things!
Hopefully, they weren't the only things he gave you.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The absolute worst Christmas present ever has to be the hideous brown (yes brown- not even a pretty color!) bra that Colin bought me for our first Christmas together. Now keep in mind- i thought he was going to propose that time....so when he gave me a bra- in front of my entire family....i was soo disappointed
The ONLY thing he got right about it is it was a Victorias Secret bra and it was the right size....other than that- i could have killed him

I've never let him live that one down
Last year he did much better
He knows now that bras are off limit as Christmas presents.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a BIL who gets me weird stuff. One year it was a book on building really "artistic" birdhouses, another yr a navy blue mock turtleneck-size was too big!!
Neil got me this pink sweater with rhinestones on it once-also too big; when I returned it the clerk had just set it down and someone picked it up and bought it!!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

Always got a cotton hankerchief from an Aunty when I was a child. Ughh!!
I thought thats what your sleeves were for
My English relatives always sent me hankies for Christmas.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

The absolute worst Christmas present ever has to be the hideous brown (yes brown- not even a pretty color!) bra that Colin bought me for our first Christmas together. Now keep in mind- i thought he was going to propose that time....so when he gave me a bra- in front of my entire family....i was soo disappointed
The ONLY thing he got right about it is it was a Victorias Secret bra and it was the right size....other than that- i could have killed him

This reminds me of an ex-boyfriend--not the gift, but the situation. I was spending Christmas with him and his family; apparently, they always (or perhaps decided to that year) make you read out loud the card that came with your gift. B. had given me one that said, "You're just like Christmas tree lights...[inside the card] "You turn me on!". When I saw the cover, I thought, "How sweet--it must say, 'You light up my life' inside".) I had no idea it was a racy card, and I could've have slapped him! I was VERY embarassed to be reading this out loud in front of his parents! (And I couldn't have fudged it, either--you had to also pass the card around.)

harlowquin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The very first Christmas present my husband bought me was awful. We weren't married yet. I was so hoping for an engagement ring for Chirstmas. He gives me a not so large box that is very heavy and I am thinking he is just trying to throw me off by maybe wrapping it in a slightly larger box and then adding a bunch of rocks. Imagine my dissapointment when I opened it up only to find LUG NUTS! For those of you who don'k know, those are the thingys that hold on your tires. He was so proud of himself. He said he could see that I really needed a new set. He thought that he was totally showing his imense love for me because he cared so much for my welfare. I should have run right then and there because his gifts haven't gotten much better! I have taken to telling him what to buy me. But I must admit that I do love him so.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bijou's Mom

I got that too, thankfully it wasn't the only present, he also bought my Sophie a purebred toy pom, So I forgave the other present

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bijou's Mom

Okay. I can top that. My husband got me a HOUSECOAT one year!!! I held it up andsaid, "What the ______ is this?" He goes,"A housecoat. You can wear it around the house..." I started hysterically laughing because it reminded me of an episode of Everyone Loves Raymond when Ray did thesame thing to Debra one Christmas. My husband looked so sad when I was laughing,but I coudln't help it!
Needless to say, I never wore the thing...

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by harlowquin

The very first Christmas present my husband bought me was awful. We weren't married yet. I was so hoping for an engagement ring for Chirstmas. He gives me a not so large box that is very heavy and I am thinking he is just trying to throw me off by maybe wrapping it in a slightly larger box and then adding a bunch of rocks. Imagine my dissapointment when I opened it up only to find LUG NUTS! For those of you who don'k know, those are the thingys that hold on your tires. He was so proud of himself. He said he could see that I really needed a new set. He thought that he was totally showing his imense love for me because he cared so much for my welfare. I should have run right then and there because his gifts haven't gotten much better! I have taken to telling him what to buy me. But I must admit that I do love him so.
that's hilarious ... but he wanted you to be safe!

The worst I ever received was at a work gift excahnge. A young man drew my name and gave me a used candle! It was just a regualr candle that had been half burned already. Now that was a tough gift to say something nice about

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

LMAO ! v
v

That's the best story I've heard this week! Talk about disapointement. Plus, the whole family there to see the face ... WTH IS THIS?

LOL!