Cats and computers lol

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the new forum Anne.
I love it's title.

I know that I am not alone with this challenge of kitties and computers.

I use a desk top.
When I sit at my desk, it's like on open invitation for Sadie and Dexter to stand between my face and the monitor.
They jump up on my desk, and just stand there.
If I am in the middle of a PM or post, I have to look around them to see what I am typing.
Finally, after making a lot of typos, I give them a few loving rubs, tell them that yes, they are the center of the universe, then push them on their merry way but I know that soon,
one or the other will always return to assume the position.

Dexter loves to plop down on my right hand that controls the mouse.

I had to move him just to write this post and that's not easy,
he is 16lbs of muscle and fur.
Oh no...he's coming back...
gotta go.

Meow!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is real common. Jazzy used to do it. Peaches and Maxx don't. But Peaches likes to lay on the all-in-one printer while I'm on the computer. It only makes it difficult when I'm trying to print or scan something.

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beauty loves either sitting on my lap when I'm on the computer or if she can't get up she'll stand on the floor and tap my leg or rub round everywhere until she gets some strokes/ chin rubs/ head scratches/ whatever she decides she's after.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's so funny to read this post today! Night before last Zoe had to come up on the desk and decide how she could help me best.....
(sorry for the pic quality...lights were off and I didn't use flash, so I could only lighten them up a bit)

I'm sure this looks very familiar to all of you too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zoe has the right idea.

Do you think that our kitties think that we are their captives when we are at our computers?

mowwuck

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's often an attention thing,all the human slaves' focus is on the monitor and not on the kit.
Kit. wants the attention,best way to get it-sit in front of monitor as focus will then be transferred to them.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lilly likes to think that she is working on the computer. As soon as she hears me start to work in the morning she runs into my studio, gets on my lap and puts her paw onto the keyboard. (see my signature pic)

She'll sit there for at least 30 seconds before her little head falls down and she goes to sleep. On a good day she can make at least a minute before sleeping.
Occasionally she'll hit the wrong keys and delete what I've just done, but mostly she just supervises.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it has got to be a "cat thing"!
Ophelia likes to rub her bum in my face, thouhg.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You guys are cracking me up with your cat & computer tails.

I can see that I am not alone here.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sho helps DH.
He'll stand on the keyboard tray for a while then settles down on top of the keyboard (and any hands in the way), somehow always finding the page down key with a paw -or more likely..his butt.
DH rarely ever bothers to move him.

erinca7821

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I think it has got to be a "cat thing"!
Ophelia likes to rub her bum in my face, thouhg.
That's Seamus... he paces back and forth on the desk, and makes sure if I'm leaning forward enough that he gets my nose with his back end...

Other times he'll sit on my hand, try to get at the printer when it's open and on, sticking his paw in looking for paper to come out, he'll smack me in the head, or just stand in front of my face... I wonder what it is about computers...

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Junior also bugs me when I'm on the computer. He jumps up on the desk, walks back and forth between me and the monitor and bats at the pointer on the screen if I move it. If I shoo him away, he'll curl up right behind my chair wheels. I've learned to do a 360 and look for him before rolling anywhere.

My Dad thinks it has to do with my back being to the room and to Junior. However, since I have a big corner desk I'm not about to turn it just to see if he's right or not.

Mez

G

ghostuser

Chase likes to stand in front of the computer, too.. or if I've got it on the bed (I have a laptop), he'll lay in front of it, often on one of my arms.. silly boy. The other thing he likes to do is to rub his face against the top corner of it.

kunalen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
My Nacho also loves jumping on to the table and walking across my laptop and sitting at the table.I think he wants to be with me and it's the same whereever i am.I don't think its a thing with computers.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Usually, when at our computers, we are relatively still and in an accessible position for our kitties to meet us face to face.

Don't you wish that we could see the world from our kitties point of view just one time.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've learned to do a 360 and look for him before rolling anywhere.
I have gotten in that habit too....Zoe's bad about laying right under the chair....YIKES!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aristotle likes the monitor and often naps up there. But he has been known to want lovins' by standing between me and the monitor.