OMG! Spider!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we have those around here too!! They can get HUGE!! I am not personally afraid of spiders, but if one surprises me...
I am glad that Justice was there to rescue you!!
It is gone now!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

He was huuuuuuuuuuuuge!
I hate and FEAR spiders! He was in my Christmas decorations box! Luckily Justice came to the rescue and killed it!
I don't care if he wasn't posionous... I wanted it dead!
It was a Wolf Spider and they get pretty big too! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_spider I still have the shivers!
Oh that's tiny! Look what we get here!! The huntsman, which is twice the size of the wolf spider
http://www.amonline.net.au/factSheet...an_spiders.htm

Not dangerous either as far as i know, but really horrid. Imagine staring at something the size of a hairy saucer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Big spiders arent to bad ... lol I pretend there trantulas

worry around here is the HOBO ...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
no .. it is a spider that causes necortic cell death...

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewwwwwwww! We have had a couple of those get in the house...they are harder to catch to kill too.
Last one I made my brother catch.....I hate bugs. They look like mini tarantulas.

k.j.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have the hobos here. I saw one once, across the kitchen floor, and it was running at me
Other than that, we have a lot of common garden spiders.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cool! I love big spiders! I've held a baby bird eating spider in my old high school's science lab. Those things can get bigger than a sheet of regular printer paper! Wolf spiders are awesome too.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I leave all the spiders in my house to The Mighty Lord Linus Bug Killer Extraordinaire

I have nothing against spiders but feel since I don't try and live in their house they can stay the heck out of mine.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I leave all the spiders in my house to The Mighty Lord Linus Bug Killer Extraordinaire

I have nothing against spiders but feel since I don't try and live in their house they can stay the heck out of mine.
All mine are too lazy to go after spiders
That's why I left it up to my son to kill it!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
During the summer we had a one of those big black and gold spiders right outside the front door,out of the way of going in and out. He was about the size of my palm, and very pretty. He built a huge web and kept the mosquitoes from coming inside. His web was so beautiful! We left him alone, and he left us alone. One day he just took up his web and went away.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

During the summer we had a one of those big black and gold spiders right outside the front door,out of the way of going in and out. He was about the size of my palm, and very pretty. He built a huge web and kept the mosquitoes from coming inside. His web was so beautiful! We left him alone, and he left us alone. One day he just took up his web and went away.
Likely a member of the ORB family ... I have a "couple" in my eves ...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

RIP spider. You just wanted a quiet place to live.
I'm telling ya, this thing was NOT quiet!
He was jumping at us! You could hear him hissing and even though Wolf Spider's aren't posionous, they can give you a painful bite

The last thing I needed was one of the kids or kitties getting bitten by it.
I've had one bitten by one and it's worse then a wasp sting

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Oh that's tiny! Look what we get here!! The huntsman, which is twice the size of the wolf spider
http://www.amonline.net.au/factSheet...an_spiders.htm

Not dangerous either as far as i know, but really horrid. Imagine staring at something the size of a hairy saucer!
Holy schnikeys!!!!

It was probably a banded garden spider. I have posted pics of one under Big Spider. These spiders are beautiful.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Holy schnikeys!!!!

It was probably a banded garden spider. I have posted pics of one under Big Spider. These spiders are beautiful.
The only beautiful spider is a dead spider