All my animals are sneezing!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe this - My 2 dogs and at least 4/5 cats are sneezing! It has just now gotten pretty cold outside, and the furnace is on a lot more. Do you suppose that it is just dust from the furnace? Sneezing freaks me out - I am so worried.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keep an eye on it .... it could be a mild virus running thru the house ....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Keep an eye on it .... it could be a mild virus running thru the house ....
Can cats and dogs get the same virus? I guess vet trips are unnecessary, since it's a virus, unless I see evidence of a bacterial superinfection?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Can cats and dogs get the same virus? I guess vet trips are unnecessary, since it's a virus, unless I see evidence of a bacterial superinfection?
multi species infection used to be rare but my vet sees them all the time now
... I even called about the dog sneezing after Kandie had been seen two days prior ... the answer you have a cold running around and just keep an eye on it ... I also caught that one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

... I even called about the dog sneezing after Kandie had been seen two days prior ... the answer you have a cold running around and just keep an eye on it ... I also caught that one
OMG - I came back from my mom's funeral with a cold. I probably gave it to my babies!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I started sneezing a few days ago and yesterday Tino was sneezing. I never thought he could catch anything from me. Thanks for that info, I will certainly keep an eye out for Tino.

Kim I hope all your babys will pass through this quickly

furball100

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You should be careful that the furnace is not faulty and giving off carbon monoxide my granny's gas fired boiler was faulty and she went to bed and never woke up

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my cats is sneezing, too! We just had a huge weather change and I think that triggered it. Keep an eye on them and make sure there's no colored dishcharge coming from either eyes or nose. Watch for decrease in appetite and/or change in sleeping habits and play habits. I plugged in the vaporizer last night to up the humidity in the house also.

Stephanie

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bakker has been sneezing too and it just started this week. He does this about 4 times a day so I'm thinking it could be that we just started burning wood more frequently.
I do have humidifers running though.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It could be a respiratory infection... this kind of thing is EXTREMELY contagious but you can give them antibiotics for it.

Berach has one right now and the vet won't even let me bring him in the front door, they make me bring him in a side door...