It's been 2 years...

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday marked 2 years of you being gone from our lives. You were doing so well with your kidneys, but then, you just took a turn for the worst and just crashed within days. Little did I know when I filmed you on thanksgiving two years ago that you would pass the very next day.

Another needy kitty entered our lives, she is so sweet and gentle, like you were, but she can never replace you. There is still a hole in my heart because you are not there. You loved us all and even had a bond with me even though you were not mine. You knew how we felt, when we were sick, and when it was time for me to take breaks from studying. You were as graceful and royal as your name.
I knew that day would come, but I wanted to hold on for another day. You died two days before my birthday. That was the worst birthday of my life. My only regret is not taking enough pictures of you, but glad that I at least have some.
I hope you are now pain free and are playing happily over the bridge with all your other friends. You will never be forgotten.

In Memory of Duchess 10/90-11/05

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow!!! What a stunning looking cat, the picture does you and her proud, that image deserves to be enlarged and canvass bonded to put on your wall if you have not already done so. Our Amber is crossing the bridge now, I hope they meet up and maybe Duchess could show her around. Im sure she must know all the best places to go and play

God bless her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

Wow!!! What a stunning looking cat, the picture does you and her proud, that image deserves to be enlarged and canvass bonded to put on your wall if you have not already done so. Our Amber is crossing the bridge now, I hope they meet up and maybe Duchess could show her around. Im sure she must know all the best places to go and play

God bless her.
So do I! Actually, that picture was taken by a professional photographer and we only have one small print of her. This was back when digital cameras were not out yet so I can't enlarge it even if I were to scan in the picture with a scanner. I love that picture. I'm so sorry about Amber and I'm sure duchess will find her. She was a good mom also.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to your beloved Duchess.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a beautiful girl.
And I understand how much you must miss her. I know what you mean about taking pictures. The month before Jake died I felt compelled to take lots of pictures of him even though he wasn't looking his best. Even that awful morning when I woke up and saw his left side all swollen and his ears purple, I felt an urgent need to take his picture. I'm glad I did because it was that afternoon that his condition deteriorated even more and Jake was put to rest. They aren't the greatest pictures but I'm glad I have them. Just cherish the beautiful pictures you do have and make sure you have lots of backups!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I´m so sorry for this unrepair lost yours my friend..
...My real deep condolences...

Is so hard to try full a place where nobody can´t!..

RIP to DUTCHESS in this Postume Homenage that you made it for her!...

Don´t give up my friend!
you has an Angel in the Heaven!..

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Duchess was a very pretty girl and was blessed to have shared such a long life with you, I'm sure she's smiling down at you right now and just wanting you to be happy. You will both be reunited again someday.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. Sometimes it's still hard that she isn't around anymore. She used to paw me to death letting me know she was there, and I'd give anything to pet her one more time. She was so special and there will never be another like her.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely tribute to a lovely girl - I knw what you mean about photos, I dont have any of the first cat I owned, so I try and take more now, but have been lacking a bit recently. RIP little one.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

What a lovely tribute to a lovely girl - I knw what you mean about photos, I dont have any of the first cat I owned, so I try and take more now, but have been lacking a bit recently. RIP little one.
Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. I took a lot of pictures at the end, but we hardly have any of her as a kitten. We still have 3 other cats, but my mom has never gotten another. She misses her too much. She may never get another cat.
This blessed girl had symmetrical ulcers in both her eyes and had them removed. She had endured so much, but was still a pillar of strength.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly you do. It is a shame your mum feels too upset to get another cat. She sounds like she was a wonderful cat who went through a lot.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

Sadly you do. It is a shame your mum feels too upset to get another cat. She sounds like she was a wonderful cat who went through a lot.
She may one day, but she still misses her. There are still 3 others she cares for, but you know how that goes, they will never replace her and cats always go to my mom.