Postume Homenage to a great ICON!...

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tomorrow (24 of November )for USA & MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico, it would be an another aniversary of his death..
an unfortunately event in his life, but he was an Music ICON!
...( put this thread today in order to Aussie and other countrys now is 24 of november..
..)

some dates about his life...

Freddie Mercury (born Farrokh Bulsara; 5 September 1946 – 24 November 1991) was a British musician, best known as the lead singer of the rock band Queen (inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001). He is noted for his vocal abilities and for his live performances. As a songwriter, he composed many international hits, including "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Killer Queen", "Somebody to Love", "We Are the Champions" and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love". In addition to his work with Queen, he also produced several hits as a solo artist. Mercury, who was of Indian Parsi descent and who grew up in India, has been referred to as "Britain's first Asian pop star."[1] He died of bronchopneumonia induced by AIDS in November of 1991, just one day after having announced that he had the disease...

more here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Mercury

and some pic´s of him...

He was a cat lover too!

look his terrific t-shirt!...

God Bless you Freedie where are you be now!...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that's a nice tribute. I love his singing!!!

(BTW, when I first saw your avatar I thought, "Wow, Rigel looks just like Freddie Mercury." Duh! I couldn't see the fine print on the computer I was on, LOL)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Aw, that's a nice tribute. I love his singing!!!

(BTW, when I first saw your avatar I thought, "Wow, Rigel looks just like Freddie Mercury." Duh! I couldn't see the fine print on the computer I was on, LOL)
You make me laught KIM!
...I promisse that I´ll to make an avatar as well that!
and you can compare!...

thank´s for look!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't realise he died in 1991...I guess I thought it was earlier than that

still, I use to love Queen and was said when I was first learning about the group, to find out he died of AIDS.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I didn't realise he died in 1991...I guess I thought it was earlier than that

still, I use to love Queen and was said when I was first learning about the group, to find out he died of AIDS.
I still loving the music of Queen, my mom is a big fan of they!..
can you believe it!...
and of course we feel sad when we knows why he die...

thanks for look!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I think he wrote 2 of his songs about his cats (or dedicated them to his cats). I've read that he adored cats. (Delilah and ????)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ah Rigel your tribute is really nice and touching.
Its nice to know that he was a cat lover, too and that vest he's wearing confirms it.

Originally Posted by clixpix

I didn't know that my Sabina was a time traveler!
Awww Sabina Mercury.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for that nice homage to Freddie -- he was such a talented guy. I love everything I know by Queen. It's rock-solid musically, but also just incredibly vibrant and full of fun!

It's heartbreaking when anybody dies in such an awful way... but so many of the people taken by AIDS have been artists, with so many gifts left to give. As they say, "if there's a rock-and-roll heaven, you know they have a hell of a band."

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eric Carr of Kiss also died on the exact same day. Two rock and roll angels went to Heaven on the same day. I like to think that they're still rocking up in Heaven. Eric on the drums, and Freddie doing vocals.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh i didn't know he was a cat lover Rigel?!
Yes Susan, he WAS!...
...and of course I figured the cats still alive yet!

Originally Posted by clixpix

I didn't know that my Sabina was a time traveler!
Yes Sabina is reincarnate!
.....Sabina is so precious!

Thank you my friend this link is terrific!!!
thank you so much for your great contribution at this tribute!

Originally Posted by Pami

Ah Rigel your tribute is really nice and touching.
Its nice to know that he was a cat lover, too and that vest he's wearing confirms it.
ABsolutely Pam!!!....thanks for look!

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Thank you for that nice homage to Freddie -- he was such a talented guy. I love everything I know by Queen. It's rock-solid musically, but also just incredibly vibrant and full of fun!

It's heartbreaking when anybody dies in such an awful way... but so many of the people taken by AIDS have been artists, with so many gifts left to give. As they say, "if there's a rock-and-roll heaven, you know they have a hell of a band."
Yes, Carol..
is heartbreaking to know about it,...thank you for look and for replied!

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Eric Carr of Kiss also died on the exact same day. Two rock and roll angels went to Heaven on the same day. I like to think that they're still rocking up in Heaven. Eric on the drums, and Freddie doing vocals.
R.I.P. to Mr E. Carr, Better to know it in KISS like the FOX!..... God have his soul too...

...That´s terrific Hope! I mean the alination!!

THANKS for LOOK and REPLIED!......

R.I.P. to Freedie Mercury!.......

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember reading about his love of cats in a tribute article shortly after Freddy Mercury died. He was an incredibly talented musician....I really loved the music of "Queen." I have several of their songs on my Ipod! Thanks for your tribute to Freddy! It's hard to believe that he's been gone so long. The music keeps him with us.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've been admiring your avatar, Rigel. I've always been a huge "Queen" fan, and find it hard to believe that Freddie Mercury has been gone for so long. What a voice! What a career! I don't think he'll ever be forgotten, especially since "Bohemian Rhapsody" is considered the first song to ever appear as a video clip, and "We are the Champions" is still played so often after sports events. He was one of a kind.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Great tribute to both rockers guys! Way to keep the music alive!
thanks Jill!

Originally Posted by jcat

I've been admiring your avatar, Rigel. I've always been a huge "Queen" fan, and find it hard to believe that Freddie Mercury has been gone for so long. What a voice! What a career! I don't think he'll ever be forgotten, especially since "Bohemian Rhapsody" is considered the first song to ever appear as a video clip, and "We are the Champions" is still played so often after sports events. He was one of a kind.
...this is a great sypnosis about his life Tricia!
thank you for share!
and thank you for post!