Christmas Decorations!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone putting up thier Christmas decorations today?

I am!

I've been cleaning the house and started to put everything out.
I just love Christmas

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have mine ready to go and plan on doing them Sunday when I am off work.

I am interested in seeing how Linus and Pixie do this being their first Christmas with me. Sassy is good about leaving most of the decorations alone, although he likes to knock the balls off the bottom of the tree.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm itching to put them up, but i usually do mine on the 1st as well.

I bought a 3' fibre optic tree on wednesday because if i put the 6' one up that i have i know Jack will climb it and pull things off it so it's not worth it. This way i can put the small tree in the kitchen when i go to work out of his reach

One week and counting

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to soooooo bad! However Mom is getting a new window within the next 2 weeks and we don't know what's going where. I might start going through the billion boxes and decorating the basement.

First I am going to take pictures of how it's decorated now. It took me months to figure out where to put stuff. We moved into mom's house this summer.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're still trying to figure out where to put ours without it hovering over a register.

I suggested placing it in the foyer and we start to use the back door to leave.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been in a rather deep funk lately, or so it seems, so I decided that it might just do me some good to do some decorating. I finished a little while ago, and have been outside just standing there looking at it.

I feel better already

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We put the lights up last weekend and will do the tree today
We usually do it around the Christmas Pageant, which was 2 weeks ago.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to but DH and I might be moving in Dec. or Jan. so I can't see the sense in putting anything up.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I want to but DH and I might be moving in Dec. or Jan. so I can't see the sense in putting anything up.
awww can't you put a small tree up?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did!
My niece and I woke up at the crack of dawn and started decorating
We got the tree up, the mantle 1/2 way finished, the bottom of the fireplace decorated, the wreath on the door, and a few other things around the house decorated.

I was doing to go ahead and decorate the outside lawn, but i need some extension cords so that will have to wait!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just about done decorating! I need to put up one strand of lights in the living room and hang the stockings and things and that's about it. My new tree is up but kind of sad in a way... most of my ornaments are breakable or way too big for it! But so far having a small tree up on the kitchen table is working for keeping the girls away.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

But so far having a small tree up on the kitchen table is working for keeping the girls away.
Lucky girl! Kojak has been AWEFUL tonight!
He keeps trying to get into my tree
He's learning quickly that everytime he tries though a stream of water smacks him upside his butt
I'm just wondering what he's gonna do when i go to sleep
I wired those ornaments on though!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Lucky girl! Kojak has been AWEFUL tonight!
He keeps trying to get into my tree
He's learning quickly that everytime he tries though a stream of water smacks him upside his butt
I'm just wondering what he's gonna do when i go to sleep
I wired those ornaments on though!
My plan for that is to just move the tree to another room! Seriously, it's so small and light all I have to do is uplug it, untie the top part of the tree skirt, which made a cute table cloth I might add!, and viola! Now that might get old, but for now it will just have to do!
Maybe in a week or so I'll see how it's going and try leaving it out more unsupervised.

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I always wait until after Thanksgiving, but the DH convinced me last night to put the tree up. So, I caved in and did. We have a small (5ft) tree. Last year we had just gotten Pooka, so no breakables. This year we decided we liked it that way. And so we use multicolored lights and white lights that go all sparklely!! (chasers I think they are called) We just put a star on the top and pretty wire-edged ribbons down the tree (loosely set in) that way if a kitty pulls something off it just comes loose-no tree tipping! This year we added some regular shinny gold ornaments (easy to replace and no sentimental attachments). The sparkle lights seem to fascinate the cats but they won't go near them (I guess the lights move too much or something) I am going to finish decorating Monday, but we have the tree up and even a couple of presents underneath!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm slowly getting ready, I don't really have anything to decorate with yet
This is the first time we've been in a house, so we don't have anything other than a tree inside, but that's not up yet either.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Christmas decoration/installation is my job!
I work for a company in NYC doing this very thing for other companies, stores, corporations....... I do still like to decorate at home, just not till second week of December.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, we are putting the finishing touches on our outdoor decorations, but I think we'll wait a few weeks before we attempt indoor decorations - with it being our first christmas with 2 kitties who love to climb, it should be nothing less than entertaining.

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Christmas decoration/installation is my job!
I work for a company in NYC doing this very thing for other companies, stores, corporations....... I do still like to decorate at home, just not till second week of December.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
What a cool job!! I would love to do something like that!!