I am sooo sad...

emilyasweetie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was expecting a 3 month old kitten deliveried to me next week, but today i got an email from the breeder telling me that my kitten was doing well before the vaccine yesterday, but after the vaccine she died last nite .. as soon as i saw it, i just started crying...i am soo sad now.. i feel so sorry for the poor kitten... and i feel all this one month's preparing for her new home and doing all these research were wasted.. she was gonna be my first kitten, you have no idea how excited and happy i was...i haven been thinking about her all the time for the past one month since I made the deposit.. despite that i spent so much money buying her toys, bed, clothes and stuff... i just cant stand how this hit me emotionally... i dont know when iwill be able to find another kitten like her again...

anyways, the breeder gave me back my deposit.. and apologized to me.. but that definetly wont help me to feel any better...

i am wondering how likely a 10 weeks old healthy kitten die after the second vaccine?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vaccine reactions unfortunately are more common than most let on.... I am sorry for your loss
... some vets and breeders use a different type of vaccine for the second

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww, that is sad! Unfortunately shelters usually have a ton of cats (and lots of times kittens). Maybe you could go to the local animal shelter (if you have one) and adopt a kitten. You lost the one you wanted and already loved, maybe it would make you feel better to give one a loving home that desprately wants it.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom2raven

Aww, that is sad! Unfortunately shelters usually have a ton of cats (and lots of times kittens). Maybe you could go to the local animal shelter (if you have one) and adopt a kitten. You lost the one you wanted and already loved, maybe it would make you feel better to give one a loving home that desprately wants it.
Adopting from shelters is always great but this is the breeders corner. Little corner for Purebred talk....

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emilyasweetie

I was expecting a 3 month old kitten deliveried to me next week, but today i got an email from the breeder telling me that my kitten was doing well before the vaccine yesterday, but after the vaccine she died last nite .. as soon as i saw it, i just started crying...i am soo sad now.. i feel so sorry for the poor kitten... and i feel all this one month's preparing for her new home and doing all these research were wasted.. she was gonna be my first kitten, you have no idea how excited and happy i was...i haven been thinking about her all the time for the past one month since I made the deposit.. despite that i spent so much money buying her toys, bed, clothes and stuff... i just cant stand how this hit me emotionally... i dont know when iwill be able to find another kitten like her again...

anyways, the breeder gave me back my deposit.. and apologized to me.. but that definetly wont help me to feel any better...

i am wondering how likely a 10 weeks old healthy kitten die after the second vaccine?
I am very very sorry for your loss. Unfortunetly it does happen. Vaccine reactions are common and have to be watched for carefully but sometimes it happens.

*HUGS* dont give up on a kitten. As hard as this loss is and I know it is. There is anothr itten out there for you....

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Adopting from shelters is always great but this is the breeders corner. Little corner for Purebred talk....
Opps, I am sorry. Didn't mean to offend! I always click on the new posts link when I log on and did not pay attention to what folder this was in.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost a healthy kitten girl, I believe to the FIP nasal vaccine. It is very controversial and a lot of people elect not to have it; I lost my beloved Sunny to FIP and therefore I felt obligated to get the vaccine for Koala Naomi, my little girl. It happens. This is one of the terrible things about vaccines -- they actually give a weak dose of whatever disease they are designed to protect against. My deepest condolences to you on the loss of your precious little girl -- oh, how I know that awful feeling. But I would encourage you not to give up, and when you feel able, I do hope you will seriously consider adopting another kitten, preferably from a sanctuary, shelter, or "on the street". If you must have a "purebred" the shelters are FULL of them. Please consider saving a deserving and wonderful life, when you're ready. You won't regret it.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What breed of kitten was it? I would be surprised if she got the FIP vaccine - I thought most breeders were not for that one. (At least Ragdoll breeders, anyway.) I am so sorry you lost her. You loved her so much even though she wasn't with you...can you get another at a future time from the breeder? Or can she recommend a fellow breeder with kittens?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for you loss

Over here we have F3, F4 and F5 vaccines. Most breeders only give the F3 after having too many side affects with the F4/5.

I agree with kluchetta about seeing if you can wait for another litter or try another breeder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emilyasweetie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanx to you all..

I feel a bit better now.. I keep telling myself it could be a lot worse if she died after i got her home...she was a shaded silver persian, very sweet and beautiful...I really want to get another kitten like her, but the breeding season just passed, most of the kittens were already sold or on hold... so probably,i have to wait till next spring to get a kitten..

today i was browsing online to see if there are any kittens availible, i only found a 1.5 years old Show Quality shaded silver male, he is very Gorgeous He has ALL vaccinations including Rabies . Vet certificate. Written health guarantee, pedigree papers & Registered. but there is just one thing.. he has food allegies, he cant have IAMS cat food, cant be around with other pets...
I think an older cat may be easier for me than a kitten.. since i dont need to worry abt vaccines and other stuff...the only thing i am worried abt is his allegies, do cats often have allegies? and what does it have to do with being around with other pets ? does that means he is more likely to get ill than other cats? please give me some opinion..

i really like him, here is his pic:

Thanks

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hes a beauty. I know a few people who have some shaded silver peraisns. I breed Persians myself no shaded silvers right now.

if you would like why dont you drop me a Pm and I can give you some names.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm so sorry, how awful. Even though she was not home with you yet it must really hurt, I know when I was waiting for Sonic I knew he was mine already and loved him just as much. Her breeder must also be heartbroken.

Unfortunately vaccine reactions do occur, the vast majority of kittens are vaccinated fine without any problems but a small minority have a fatal reaction. Try not to be too fearful of booking another kitten, as with lightning striking twice, you would be extremely extremely unlucky for it to happen to you again.

I would check with breeders which vaccinations they give - the FIP intranasal vaccine is the most risky one and most people don't use it. Out of the normal vaccinations that are given, I believe FeLV is the one most likely to cause a severe adverse reaction - at least here in the UK many breeders don't use that vaccine as it's not really necessary if the cat is going to be indoor only, and some UK lines of Siamese/Oriental are particularly sensitive to it, I don't know whether that applies to any other breeds.

I am sorry for your loss.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats do have food allergies - not sure how often they do, though. If you can find out exactly what ingredient he is allergic to, you can find food easily that he can eat.

As far as the other pet thing, in my opinion that's not an allergy, but a preference from his owner that has noticed that he does better as an only cat. (Maybe he's really shy)
Originally Posted by emilyasweetie

Thanx to you all..

I feel a bit better now.. I keep telling myself it could be a lot worse if she died after i got her home...she was a shaded silver persian, very sweet and beautiful...I really want to get another kitten like her, but the breeding season just passed, most of the kittens were already sold or on hold... so probably,i have to wait till next spring to get a kitten..

today i was browsing online to see if there are any kittens availible, i only found a 1.5 years old Show Quality shaded silver male, he is very Gorgeous He has ALL vaccinations including Rabies . Vet certificate. Written health guarantee, pedigree papers & Registered. but there is just one thing.. he has food allegies, he cant have IAMS cat food, cant be around with other pets...
I think an older cat may be easier for me than a kitten.. since i dont need to worry abt vaccines and other stuff...the only thing i am worried abt is his allegies, do cats often have allegies? and what does it have to do with being around with other pets ? does that means he is more likely to get ill than other cats? please give me some opinion..

i really like him, here is his pic:

Thanks