Missing the litter tray.....Help!!

luvly_laura86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey Guys!
I know its been mentioned in 1 of the very helpful threads by Hissy, but my cat keeps missing her litter tray. Its always been in the same place and she never used to have to much of a problem, but as shes got older she keeps hooking her bum over the edge and pooping!! ive got her a much bigger litter tray (its Huge!!!) and i always make sure its nice and clean for her, i just dont really know what else to do, any ideas? Thanks!!

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvly_laura86

Hey Guys!
I know its been mentioned in 1 of the very helpful threads by Hissy, but my cat keeps missing her litter tray. Its always been in the same place and she never used to have to much of a problem, but as shes got older she keeps hooking her bum over the edge and pooping!! ive got her a much bigger litter tray (its Huge!!!) and i always make sure its nice and clean for her, i just dont really know what else to do, any ideas? Thanks!!
Maybe her feet hurt because she is old. Have you tried taking her to a vet?
You could also try and get a covered litter box. This way she can't stick her bum out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvly_laura86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by jenniferd

You could also try and get a covered litter box. This way she can't stick her bum out.
Thats a good idea, Thanks!! We did try her with one once before, and she went in ok, but refused too get out, she tried to sleep in there! think she mistook it for her bed!! (shes a bit dopey!!)

Dont think its her feet, shes only 18 months, hee hee! she acts like a little old lady though!!

Thanks for the suggestions!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about using a plastic storage box? It'd be a feat of gymnastics to hang your bum out over the edge of one of those!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvly_laura86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

How about using a plastic storage box? It'd be a feat of gymnastics to hang your bum out over the edge of one of those!!
Thats a fab idea!! keep her amused for a while any way! Thanks
Knowing my dozy animal though she'll probably get in, assume its her new home and never leave again!!