Pet Store Delivery Service

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I got my first delivery from a virtual pet store that has opened in my area.

Long story short one of the local pet stores was forced to shut down when both a PetValue and a Pet Select open in our area. This store had been around for ages and the owner wasn't quite ready to give up completely. So instead of closing down completely the owner decided to open an on-line pet store with free delivery within town and a few of the out lying communities.

Fantastic Idea as far as I am concerned...and I know of plenty of people who will think so as well.

The whole order process took 10 minutes, they gave me a delivery date and time. Called yesterday to confirm the time and delivered within 5 minutes of the time quoted.

Plus they throw in a bag of treats since I was a new customer.

From a cost perspective, I paid about $7 more then I would have at the grocery store, and about the same as I would have at either of the two chain stores.
The extra $7 was well worth the convenience

I am curious as to whether this service is offered in your area and if it is do you use it?

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, we don't have a pet store delivery service in my area. But I think it's a really neat idea and I would definitely use such a service if it was available.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have one (that I know of), however that's really great that a local owner was able to do something like that

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
A lot of small local pet stores started home deliveries here about a decade ago, and now those that have survived seem to deliver nationwide (I live in Germany, so that's not a big deal) using DHL, UPS, etc. Most of them are just "mom and pop" operations that face tough competition from a national pet store chain. I order from several different ones, and usually get free delivery and very good service.

There's also a very big virtual pet store in Germany and the UK that delivers within 48 hours.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd pay anyone $7 to bring the 35lb containers of Sam's Club litter up to my apartment!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a fabulous idea! And y'know... if they also trained their delivery people to clip your kitties's claws when they come by... that would be worth a lot! We just can't clip them ourselves, so we do without, and our furniture and our skin suffer for it. But an extra few bucks per cat to have it done at the house, every few weeks when the kitty food comes... I see a niche-market opportunity here!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

That's a fabulous idea! And y'know... if they also trained their delivery people to clip your kitties's claws when they come by... that would be worth a lot! We just can't clip them ourselves, so we do without, and our furniture and our skin suffer for it. But an extra few bucks per cat to have it done at the house, every few weeks when the kitty food comes... I see a niche-market opportunity here!
have you tried soft paws? They are wonderful!! I hate having to clip my kitties nails-I always seem to cut too short!
But the soft paws fix all of that! I can't say enough good about them!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I'd pay anyone $7 to bring the 35lb containers of Sam's Club litter up to my apartment!
I order two huge bags (30,86 lbs. each) of cat litter from an online pet store every other month, and the delivery guy actually carries them into the house! Now that's service!