Hi, I'm new here :-)

kendalyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

My name is Kendalyn. I'm from Kalamazoo, Michigan and I live here with 3 cats, 1 dog, 1 betta fish and my husband Scott. All our animals are rescues (except the betta) and I am heavily involved in volunteering with my local shelter. I'm there at least twice a week. I'll introduce you to our cats!

Sheridan is our oldest cat and he's about 8 years old. My hsuband adopted him from a local rescue a few years before we were married. Sheridan is a black and white Maine Coon looking cat. He is really the most awesome cat we have. He's just solid as a rock, loves all people and can handle anything. I really love his personality.

Emma is about 2 years old. I was walking my dog one day and she just came out of nowhere and meowed at us. I went and got her and saw her tail was bloody and she was filthy. I took her home got her fixed up and after not being able to find her owners, we decided to keep her. Emma is definately my cat! She is OK with my husband but really prefers to be around me and is downright mean to by father in law when he comes over. Emma is a funny cat though and keeps us laughing. She is also really small and has a perpetual kitten look.

Kitt is our newest cat and is a big reason I'm joining here. We got him about 5 weeks ago. He kept showing up at our glass door in the back and just staring right in. He would paw at the glass and clearly wanted to come inside. He didn't even mind when my dog barked at him and Sheridan was freaking out. After he came back everyday for a week, we decided to bring him inside. We took him to the vet and found out he is a neutered male and he had feline hepatic lipidosis and crystals in his urine. He was quite underweight. After about 5 weeks of eating only canned food (Innova Evo) he has gained some weight and is starting to feel good again. We are having some issues with him though and I'll post about those in another area.

I hope to learn a lot here because I am fairly new to cats. I never had one growing up and I know a lot more about dogs! By the way, I tried to link pictures from shutterfly.com but when I hit the img button, all I get is this tiny little catsite window coming up. Not sure what is wrong.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Kendalyn, welcome to TCS.

So glad you've joined us! We love hearing about each other's kitties.
Your fur family sounds adorable.

I am not familiar with the way the Shutterfuly links work.
Many members here use Photobucket.
If you continue to have problems linking your pix here from Shutterfly, post a thread in the TSC Support Form about this....
TCS has members who can solve just about any problem.

http://thecatsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46

As you learn your way around the site, if you need help,
please feel free to contact me.
Simply click on my user name and send a private message.
I will get back to you asap.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to tcs from Oz. Look forward to hearing more about your kitties. I don't know much about Kitt's problems but I'm sure you'll get lots of help. Is it a misprint or did you join in Jun 2005.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kendalyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah, lol I did join in 2005, I just never posted or anything. I didn't even remember it until I tried to register and my e-mail address was already listed with you.

I signed up with photobucket so we'll see if my pictures work now.

Well, they worked but they were huge even though I resized them.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kendalyn

I signed up with photobucket so we'll see if my pictures work now.
Well, they worked but they were huge even though I resized them.
Apparently you have to log out and re-log in for the re-sizing to take place in Photobucket...
Here is a link in tec help that mentioned that...
there is also a free re-sizing site mentioned there.
Here's hoping this works...

http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthr...esizing+photos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kendalyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK 3rd times a charm! I got it!

This is Sheridan, our 8 year old Maine Coon mix from rescue

This is Emma, a stray I found a year ago

This is Kitt, our newest kitty who has just gotten over some liver trouble and bladder issues. He wasn't feeling so hot in these pictures. I need to take some new ones.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are right...
third time is charm and it was worth the trouble.

Sheridan, Emma and Kitt are gorgeous kitties.

Thanks for sharing their pictures with us.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)
what a cute lovely kitts!..

See you on the forums!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Kendalyn! Welcome to the Cat Site!
We are from MI too!

Your cats are so cute
: Thanks for sharing their photos.
Can't wait to see more of their adorable faces!

Best Wishes to you, Sheridan, Emma, & Kitt! Enjoy the forums

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your gorgeous furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions